Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord

Go down 
+3
rockerVu2
Fundy
Dynamis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord Empty
PostSubject: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:37 pm

Well, I just updated Angelic Warlord to finally include a review of the new X-Sinner. Following is the link: http://www.angelicwarlord.com/reviews/x/xsinner08.html

I know there have been varying opinions of the album - and most of them critical - but if anybody has a complaint about the review then please take it up with Samson (below):

New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord Samson10
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:14 am

Haha! Now I'm thinking I'm wanting that album again!

Thanks for the review, Andy.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:27 am

Thanks Andy for this review.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:32 am

My pleasure- I hope to have reviews of new albums from Kerry Livgren (Prime Mover Redux) and HB online in the near future.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:42 am

To be honest I've never listened to music of Kerry Livgren and need to check out how this sounds.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:49 am

Quote :
To be honest I've never listened to music of Kerry Livgren and need to check out how this sounds.

Kerry Livgren is one of my favorite artists and comes highly recommended. I might start with some of his work in AD (the Christian group he formed after leaving Kansas in the mid-eighties) but would also suggest either of his albums with Proto-Kaw.

His 1980 solo release "Seeds Of Change" is pretty good as well. It is the only review at Angelic Warlord to receive a perfect score of 100%.

Hope this helps.

Andy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:42 pm

Very cool, I've been looking forward to that X-Sinner review.

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:23 pm

Kerry Livgren is very prog rock. No metal to speak of, though he did work some into the Decade set.

Very talented individual and I love his work. Much like Neal Morse in his comprehensive nature of creating music.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:37 pm

Quote :
Kerry Livgren is very prog rock. No metal to speak of, though he did work some into the Decade set.

In my opinion the most metal sounding work from Livgren is off his "Seeds Of Change" solo album- especially songs like "Just One Way" and "Mask Of The Great Deceiver".
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:03 am

Thanks Andy, I'm listening to Kerry Livgren samples now.
I have an old gospel music encyclopedia and was looking for information of Kerry Livgren.
He was a member of the band Kansas.
John Mastedon was a member of Kansas too.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:37 am

Dynamis wrote:
Quote :

In my opinion the most metal sounding work from Livgren is off his "Seeds Of Change" solo album- especially songs like "Just One Way" and "Mask Of The Great Deceiver".

"Seeds of Change" is half of the Decade album, so that was actually the album I was speaking about. Especially those two songs. Laughing
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:57 pm

I guess I am the only person willing to take on "Samson". Although I typically agree with your reviews, I will respectfully say that I disagree on this one.

I still think that X-Sinner has done a great disservice to themselves by putting out a release that sounds so substandard. OK, I get that they wanted to embrace the AC/DC "clone" tag that they've worn for a number of years now. But, if you're gonna emulate or just downright copy someone's sound, at least get it right. You'll hear a lot more bass, bass drum, and clarity of the vocals from AC/DC. This still sounds like rough demos to me. It would not bother me if this were a new band unfamiliar with the recording process. But, knowing that X-Sinner can produce a much better sound both signed to a label and as an indie (remember the Angry Einsteins disc), they have made a mockery of themselves with this effort.

I'll keep this disc simply because there are a couple of songs that I really like in spite of the poor sound. But, if future releases sound this badly, then I am not obligated to purchase music from them.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 10:50 pm

No problem- I can appreciate and respect the feedback. Because a review is exactly that. Just one persons opinion of one album.

As for Samson, his bark is worse than his bite. He is quite tame actually...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:01 am

Good thing about Samson! What sucks is that I bought a truck load of bananas because I thought he was on his way here!

As far as the differences in opinions go on reviews, I will agree there. I am usually in agreement with you on most things. I think my two biggest disagreements would be on X-Sinner and Stonefuze. Personal enjoyment, however, is all that's really important.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 6:45 pm

What I understood is "World Coverd In Blood" is an album that caused a lot of different meanings.
You like it ... or you don't like it.

Hope the next X-Sinner will be a good rockin' one.

Yummy bananas ... makakoo noises. Tongue
Back to top Go down
elsid

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:48 am

Dynamis wrote:
Quote :

I would very much class "Seeds of Change" as a little metal. Sorry to drag the X-Sinner thread with more Livgren.

Prog is his thing. Check out Proto-Kaw for all of what Livgren has been doing lately -- at least for the most part. Proto-Kaw is all the original lineup of Kansas, before they were signed to any record deals, if any of you wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:10 am

Welcome! elsid at CHM.
Good to have you abord.
Hope you feel at home with us soon.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23418
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 4:39 pm

elsid wrote:
I would very much class "Seeds of Change" as a little metal. Sorry to drag the X-Sinner thread with more Livgren.

Not a problem, seems half the threads around here seem to digress into something else, at least this one is still about music.

BTW welcome to CHM Elsid. Make yourself at home.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5324
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:57 am

I've just ordered it!

(along with Fires Of Babylon)

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord   New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New X-SINNER review at Angelic Warlord
Page 1 of 1