Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New HB album

Go down 
+2
Fundy
Dynamis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

New HB album Empty
PostSubject: New HB album   New HB album I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:39 am

Just received the new album from HB,"Piikki Lihasse". Unlike "Frozen Inside" this one is all in Finnish. You can listen to a new song, "Mina Olen", at the groups MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/hbmetal

My thoughts? Production is superb and the addition of a male vocalist - in the form of a back up role or duel lead vocal approach - brings another dimension to the bands sound.

Yes, all the vocals are in Finnish but lead vocalist Johanna Aaltonen sings with much more confidence in her natural language. The question I have is would anyone here have a problem with the vocals not being in English? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

New HB album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HB album   New HB album I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 11:13 am

I'll be waiting for the English version! I like to know what I'm singing about! Love HB's sound though.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868
Registration date : 2007-01-30

New HB album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HB album   New HB album I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:08 pm

Ditto what Fundy said. I have no interest in a Finnish version, but love their sound.

nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

New HB album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HB album   New HB album I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:56 pm

I have all of Jerusalem's Swedish albums and their English counterparts. I have tried to listen to the Swedish albums, but I just cannot get into them as I can't understand them at all. So, with that experience, I would be getting a Finnish HB album.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

New HB album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HB album   New HB album I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:40 pm

It's important I think to understand the lyrics of a band.
To know what the words mean.
Yes, I'm having problems to listen to songs in Finnish because I don't speak a word Finnish.
How can you understand the songs in a language you don't speak?

It gives me that same frustrated feeling when I was a girl of 9 years old and listened to English songs on the radio.
I felt very frustrated because I didn't understood the English words.

Hope HB will bring out an English CD too.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New HB album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HB album   New HB album I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:02 pm

Dynamis wrote:

Yes, all the vocals are in Finnish but lead vocalist Johanna Aaltonen sings with much more confidence in her natural language. The question I have is would anyone here have a problem with the vocals not being in English? Just curious.

Not to sound like an American snob, but I just can't get into music without English lyrics. I will go so far to say those lyrics also have to be fairly intelligible. I don't mind if the singer has a foriegn accent, but if it is so thick I can't even understand the lyrics then I'm not really interested.
Just so I don't seem too much like a snob, I won't listen to music with unintelligible extreme vocals either (even if they are in english). And I'm also not much of a fan of instrumental albums either. Give me english vocals, sung capably and melodically or else the music just won't hold my interest.
Nothing wrong with all that other music, it's just not for me.

New HB album Empty
PostSubject: Re: New HB album   New HB album I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New HB album
Page 1 of 1