Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Static Fuse

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Static Fuse Empty
PostSubject: Static Fuse   Static Fuse I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 1:53 pm

Listening to this cd right now. It's been a fairly frequent spinner for me ever since getting it. Great album!

For those who haven't picked it up yet, I highly recommend it. 80's inspired hard rock from Ian Keith Hafner and Redd Sonia. Headbang
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Static Fuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Static Fuse   Static Fuse I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:54 pm

I got it a few weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to listening to it.
Fantastic indie album. Reminds me of Barnabas, Scarlet Red, and much of the rest of the really good melodic hard rock/metal of the 80's.

Definately a keeper. I'm looking forward to hearing more music from these two, they did a great job.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Static Fuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Static Fuse   Static Fuse I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 8:39 pm

I am finding it an okay disc. It sounds like they really got in the head of Rosanna's Raiders. I like it, but I don't love it. I don't know why.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Static Fuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Static Fuse   Static Fuse I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 8:49 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
It sounds like they really got in the head of Rosanna's Raiders.

I can really hear that too.
I bet you woulda liked it better if there was like 4 more songs on it.

BTW, TT your avatar is really freaking me out. That just looks wrong dude.
geek

Admin
alldatndensum

Static Fuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Static Fuse   Static Fuse I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:06 am

Quote :
I bet you woulda liked it better if there was like 4 more songs on it.

Maybe. But, when I have listened to the CD, I find myself wishing it was shorter. I just am not getting into this like I thought I would.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Static Fuse

Static Fuse

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Static Fuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Static Fuse   Static Fuse I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:23 pm

Thanks for all your kind words, guys! We're really happy with the songs, and so far, the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive! It's also been getting plenty of airplay on stations like Metal Pulse, Rock Salt Radio, Edge Radio, and others!

We're in pre-production for the followup, which is scheduled for August!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16573
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Static Fuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Static Fuse   Static Fuse I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Welcome Static Fuse at CHM.
We hope you keep us posted about all the news there is from Static Fuse.

Now I've heard so many good things about Static Fuse it's time to find some samples to find out how Static Fuse sounds.
Back to top Go down
Static Fuse

Static Fuse

Static Fuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Static Fuse   Static Fuse I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Quote :
Welcome Static Fuse at CHM.
We hope you keep us posted about all the news there is from Static Fuse.

Now I've heard so many good things about Static Fuse it's time to find some samples to find out how Static Fuse sounds.

Thanks! I used to post here as 777Stryken777, btw, but it's been a while Smile

You can check out 3 complete songs from the Static Fuse CD at www.staticfuse.com!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Static Fuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Static Fuse   Static Fuse I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:54 pm

Static Fuse wrote:

We're in pre-production for the followup, which is scheduled for August!

Very cool news. Thumbs Up

Static Fuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Static Fuse   Static Fuse I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:37 am

Staybrite wrote:

BTW, TT your avatar is really freaking me out. That just looks wrong dude.
geek

Wrong, you say??

My horse is a thing of beauty, I tell you. A Wonder! A Marvel! A....

OK, so it's weird... so sue me... Razz
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Static Fuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Static Fuse   Static Fuse I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:53 pm

After my initial reaction to the Static Fuse disc, I decided to put the CD away for a while. Sometimes it seems to help when I get a CD that just doesn't click right then to put it away and give it another try later. Well, today was my day. I was at work wearing my MP3 player (that I'm not supposed to use). It was a little after 5 PM and still had about an hour to go. So, I thought, I'll cue up Static Fuse and see how I like it now.

I still hear Sonya's voice and instantly think of Rosanna Palmer (Rosanna's Raiders). Seeing that I liked Rosanna's Raiders, that isn't a bad thing! I also heard a pinch of Lisa Faxon in there. So, Sonya's got some golden pipes!

What I didn't seem to like before was that this disc just wasn't as polished as say Letter 7. But, I really paid attention to the music this go around and caught what Ian was doing. He isn't going for that polished 2 rhythm guitar attack from the 80's. He seems to be going for a vintage Ace Frehley sound and absolutely nails it. The guitar tones remind me a lot of 70's era KISS--especially the Alive series.

So, as an 80's hard rock project, this still doesn't really measure up in my opinion. Sure, the early 80's still had some grit in the music, but the 80's bring to mind more polished acts like Ozzy, the Crue, Bon Jovi, etc.. However, I don't think that 80's metal is where S.F. is trying to be at all. I am hearing late 70's--especially bands like KISS, Scorpions, and Judas Priest from that time. As a 70's rock band in a modern era, Static Fuse brings the goods and earns my respect.

I guess it's all a matter of perception, huh?

Back to top Go down
Static Fuse

Static Fuse

Static Fuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Static Fuse   Static Fuse I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:04 pm

Quote :
He seems to be going for a vintage Ace Frehley sound and absolutely nails it. The guitar tones remind me a lot of 70's era KISS--especially the Alive series.

Wow. That is one of the coolest things anyone has EVER said about my guitar playing! Ace is one of my hero's, and Kiss's "Alive" probably influenced my playing more than any other album. Thanks, bro, you made my day!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Static Fuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Static Fuse   Static Fuse I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:38 am

Like I said, sometimes you just have to stop listening to something for a while and then come back to it. New things jump out at you that you didn't hear before.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Static Fuse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Static Fuse   Static Fuse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Static Fuse
Page 1 of 1