Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mirror Of Souls

Go down 
+4
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
Fundy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:25 pm

I don't often get the chance to sit down and actually listen to an album, as (I guess like most of us) there's always something else to do. So I do most of my 'music listening' whilst at work, so the music is just 'background music'. Once a week I stay on for an hour, and I can crank up the music a bit and actually listen to it properly.

Today I did that to Theocracy's new album, and I'm just blown away! Every track is a winner, and what was really suprising to me was that the last track should be a track that I don't like as....

1 - It's 22 minutes long (which is way too long for me)
2 - Doesn't have chorus (which is something I generally dislike)
3 - Has lots of solos.

But (and I've only got to 11 minutes before I had to leave to come home) it's incredible. The lyrics are great, the harmonies brilliant, and the whole structure of it (so far) is top notch.

If Seventh Avenue wasn't around this year, then this would be my album of the year!

10/10 I say.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:54 pm

It beats SA for me.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Just don't think I'm going to get this. I didn't care for the first Theocracy disc.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Theocracy is not really my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Dreams

Dreams

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 5:05 pm

I like both of their releases...but then again I'm a big prog fan. If you haven't already you guys should try Darkwater - Calling The Earth To Witness. It's just pure awesomeness!
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:07 am

I generally am not too keen on progressive stuff, but Theocracy is just melodic enough to make it sound great to my ears!

I'll have a listen to Darkwater tonight..... if it's not too progressive and has some great choruses (and good vocals too) then it might be something for me!

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:03 am

Darkwater is more prog (and not as bold) as Theocracy.

nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:48 pm

This disc has a lot of more metal edge than the S/T disc did. There are elements of thrash, but the vocals are all clear, no growls. It has elements of melodic metal, and it has a good dose of prog metal. It is incredibly well balanced and does not get boring. Even the 22 min title track is incredible. It can move you nearly to tears and then turn around and musically seem to rip your face off. There are cruchy guitars, lead guitars, hooks, melody, incredible solos and lyrically it is inspired.

From all of the people that I have heard from, several hesitated getting this disc because they didn't care for the S/T. Of those people that hesitated and then got the new disc, I have not heard ANYONE, not a one, who was not impressed by the new disc.

My recommendation is to act as if the S/T does not exist. This is actually a band, not a one-man project and it is obvious.

Alldat, check for a PM from me.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:28 pm

I am not much of a prog fan myself, but I really love the first disc.
Very much looking forward to hearing this disc soon.
Bouncing smiley

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:44 am

I can't imagine ignoring this. As others have said, even if you didn't like the first record, you should give this one a try. They sound much better (and I liked the first album).
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:22 pm

I got the PM from you, Naz. I put the songs you sent on my MP3 player and took it to work.

After a good couple of listens today, I just can't get into this. When the monster 22 min. song came on, I did manage to hang on for 14 before feeling like shooting myself.

I think I'll just hang on to my $$$ and get ready for the onslaught of new music coming out in the next couple of months by bands like:

Impellitteri
Red
Seventh Day Slumber
Decyfer Down

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:22 am

Is it really?
A song on the Theocracy album of 22 minutes?
Then I forgot to what song I'm listening too.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 1:21 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
After a good couple of listens today, I just can't get into this. When the monster 22 min. song came on, I did manage to hang on for 14 before feeling like shooting myself.
Not too bad for Mr. ADD. Laughing

It's very rare to be able to hold a song together for that long and keep it interesting and drawing the listener along. A few prog songs of the 70s, Mortification's Envision Evangeline and the Theocracy songs are the best I can recall. Mirror of Souls is a masterpiece.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:18 am

Thanks to Heath777 I know have a very gently used copy of "Mirror of Souls" for my own listening pleasure.
I must say it is fantastic! I think I'm gonna have to revise my best of list.

Thanks again Heath you rock! Thumbs Up

Fundy

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:18 am

Mirror of Souls is indeed a masterpiece. I even listened to it last night in bed with headphones on. That last track is superb. And after I listened to the last track I wondered what other album I could put on that would be as epic and I couldn't find one! My favourite parts are the drums 2 minutes in, then the vocals about 4.50 in and then the vocals at about 7.00 and 11.30. But it's all great!

Fundy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:22 am

Fundy wrote:
Mirror of Souls is indeed a masterpiece. I even listened to it last night in bed with headphones on. That last track is superb. And after I listened to the last track I wondered what other album I could put on that would be as epic and I couldn't find one! My favourite parts are the drums 2 minutes in, then the vocals about 4.50 in and then the vocals at about 7.00 and 11.30. But it's all great!

Fundy

Just so I am certain I get the right parts, are those SAE or Metric minutes?
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:21 pm

ROTFL

Fundy

Fundy

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:24 pm

They're fundy's own inaccurate minutes!

Fundy Very Happy

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:17 pm

lol!

nazpastor

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:44 pm

Well, I know you have to convert quarts to liters and miles to kilometers when you cross the Pond. I did find a conversion rate for SAE minutes to metric minutes. You take the SAE value, divide it by .1, then multiply the result by 10 and there you have the metric minute. All on the base of 10 you see. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mirror Of Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror Of Souls   Mirror Of Souls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mirror Of Souls
Page 1 of 1