Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scandinavian Metal Praise

Go down 
+5
topshot rhit
silentthunder89
Follower of Jesus
alldatndensum
Staybrite
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Scandinavian Metal Praise Empty
PostSubject: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 4:54 pm

There doesn't seem to be a whole lotta info regarding this project, but they have some fantastic music on their sparse myspace site. Definately something fans of HB might be interested in (Sounds perfect for Topshot's show).

http://www.myspace.com/scandinavianmetalpraise

I'm trying to figure out if the band is a compilation of members of other Scandinavian bands, or if they are a new outfit. (it also looks like Youngside records has the album for sale).

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:14 pm

I only got to listen to a couple of seconds as I am sitting in my hotel room on a public Wi-Fi connection. But, I will have to track this down!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 1:43 pm

Funny, I just listened to the "Metal Praise" album from 1992 this morning.

This one sounds interesting to be sure. There are some who are going to LOVE this. I like the female vocal. The metal is capably performed, and I like the way they worked the original songs into a metal song format. This is LONG overdue in the Christian metal community. However, that being said, this is not necessarily a style I like. But I might still get this and see if it grows on me.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 4:49 pm

I really like her vocals. They kind of remind me of Eowyn. This album reminds me of "All Hail the Power" by P.K. Mitchell. Definitely not a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 5:21 pm

Nice find.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 5:21 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
....This album reminds me of "All Hail the Power" by P.K. Mitchell.....

I was thinking the same thing. Twisted Evil

I too really like the vocals. Some of the music isn't exactly my favorite, but the songs are fantastic. Definately gonna have to add this one to the "must have" list.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 5:22 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Nice find.

Yep, I was pretty sure you would be interested.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:58 am

This really rocks.
Cool praise and worship, I love the music.

I sing along the songs, but in Dutch.
We sing these songs in church.
"Praise Adonai" is a song I really love and "Dank U voor het Kruis" I love to sing in church too.
Wow, " ik ga uit mijn dak" of this song.
That is Dutch for when you like a song very much.

This really is very cool.
Cool find Staybrite.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:33 pm

I thought maybe these praise songs might be more popular in European Churches.

Many of them I have never heard in our local churces here.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 5:39 pm

Most songs we sing in church are translations of American. Australian praise and worship songs of Darlene Zchech, Paul Baloche, Tommy Walker, Don Moen Tim Hughes and more.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:24 pm

I just ordered the disc from Youngside Records. I will let you know how it is after I get it.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:14 pm

I like half the English songs (there's 1 Finnish). Interestingly, I did not care for their version of one of my faves, Take Me In. I don't think there is enough variety to hold the interest after consecutive spins. I predict it will be a good one to pull out when you want a more worshipful mood but not to keep in the car a couple days like HB.

hickory

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Great music! Are there any other cds made by this artist? There's little information available on their MySpace website..
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:58 pm

hickory wrote:
Great music! Are there any other cds made by this artist? There's little information available on their MySpace website..

First of all welcome to CHM Hickory. Scandinavian Metal Praise 5

As for the Scandinavian Praise Metal project, I don't think there is a lot known about them yet. I do get the impression that this is their first album.
I'm still trying to determine if this project is made up of members from other Sandinavian bands (and maybe it is a just a one-time kind of project), or if it is a whole new band.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 8:25 pm

Unfortunately, the inserts are not in English, so determining that could be difficult.

Altogether, I will say that this is an awesome worship project. I would have liked more leads on a metal disc, but there is not a bad song on here. OK, I don't care for the one non-English song. Other than that, there isn't a bad song on this!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:16 am

I disagree, but that's what opinions are for.

Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:33 am

Just got this in for review and agree with everything that has been said here. It is a good metal praise album. But the packaging fails to list the musicians performing on it- so I will contact the label and see if I can get this information.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:49 pm

Dynamis wrote:
...But the packaging fails to list the musicians performing on it- so I will contact the label and see if I can get this information.

That seems really strange to me, thanks for looking into it.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:50 pm

This CD is at the top of my wish-list.
I only have to check out if it's cheaper to order this CD in finland or in the US.
Yep, that keeps me busy for some time.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:12 pm

I just heard back from the label and was told that the musicians performing on "SMP" wish to remain anonymous. So it will be interesting putting together a review from that perspective but do not anticipate any problems.

Listening to "SMP" right now and am enjoying it a great deal!

Scandinavian Metal Praise Unknow10
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 1:11 am

Hmmm I wonder if they are under other record labels/deals.
Or maybe, they are closet Christians and nobody would buy their pagan power-metal (or dethmetal) records if they found out.
Twisted Evil

PostSubject: Re: Scandinavian Metal Praise   Scandinavian Metal Praise I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scandinavian Metal Praise
Page 1 of 1