Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Decemberadio - Christmas

Go down 
+2
rockerVu2
Staybrite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Decemberadio - Christmas Empty
PostSubject: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 2:07 pm

Ok most of you know (by now at least) that I am not a huge fan of Christmas music, but Decemberadio has released a Christmas EP (Alldat is thrilled) but it looks to be digital download only.

You can go to their myspace site and hear one of the songs "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen".
http://www.myspace.com/decemberadio

Or you can go to Amazon and sample all three tracks.
Comfort & Joy EP @ Amazon

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:38 pm

Now it's the week before Christmas I decided to listen to the two Christmas Cds I have.
It's interesting to listen to the Christmas music of Deceberadio.
Does Amazon have full song samples or only a small part?
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 12:24 am

Will have to check this out later.

ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 12:39 am

Love Decemberadio but not much of Christmas offerings from bands. Maybe it has something to do that since WhiteHeart did "little drummer boy" no one has come close to topping that Christmas song. I admit I haven't heard to many but that is my all time favorite Christmas version of any song by any band. Ah Whiteheart, those were the days
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 9:29 am

The "Run Run Rudolph" sounds pretty good, but otherwise this is a rather worthless EP. I'm not saying that just because it's an EP. When an artist does a Christmas album, they need to either A) stretch themselves and do some really different styles while incorporating their own (think the CCM group Avalon) or B) make the songs sound like they themselves wrote them (like Third Day's "Christmas Offerings"). If you can't do those, then don't redo Christmas songs. With these three Decemberadio songs, 2 were not even worthy to have been on CD. Sorry, guys.....

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:44 am

Most band who sing Christmas songs sing songs that are many years old.
It's an old christmas song sung by ....... and now you get a lot of band names.
I wonder if there are band who have written complete new Christmas songs?
"Run Run Rudolph is a cool song. I love rockin' Christmas songs.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 5:21 pm

I think it is just a typical trend. Hey everyone else is doing a Christmas song or two, lets put out an EP.

Or maybe they are bummed cuz they didn't get invited to do one of the recent Christmas compilation albums.

Not being a Christmas music fan, I won't be buying any of it.

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:08 am

I recently bought the new P86 Christmas ep. It's a little different then your average Christmas album as it's not traditional Christmas songs. If any of you are fans of this band you might want to check it out. http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/cdreviews/ThisTimeOfYearEP.asp
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:39 am

I've heard one song off of the P86 disc that is on the "X Christmas" compilation. It's just plain weird!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:51 am

7thSecond, I have seen Project 86 live in Germany.
It's not really my favorite band, but the crowd was very enthusiast and asked for more songs.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 5:04 pm

This doesn't sound like the metalcore stuff I'm heard before from these guys.

Number of posts : 3868

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:48 pm

It's dark like them, but no core vox so I can deal with it. Misfit Toys is a clever song.

7thSecond

7thSecond

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:56 am

Staybrite wrote:
I think you might be thinking of someone else. I have all of P86's albums and none of them are metalcore. This is the band I'm referring to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/project_86
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 4:57 pm

7thSecond wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
I think you might be thinking of someone else. I have all of P86's albums and none of them are metalcore. This is the band I'm referring to [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/project_86
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/project_86[/url] [/quote]

Ok, maybe it isn't metalcore (but even the wiki link you provided describes them as "post hardcore"). The only music I have heard from them sounds like this youtube vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFNsJ5T3laY
Not sure how to describe the vocals other than screaming/shouting (isn't that "core"?). But any way seems very different from the Christmas songs you posted the link for.

7thSecond

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:45 am

I've just never thought of P86 as a very hard band. Also they've gotten slightly mellower with each release and don't really even sound like the same band from their early days anymore.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 5:10 pm

Checking out some of those P86 videos and it looks like their first album was kind of "rapcore" (at least on a few songs). Looks like they might be one of those bands that defys definition. They certainly seem to have a variety of sounds.

7thSecond

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:14 am

Staybrite wrote:
Looks like they might be one of those bands that defys definition. They certainly seem to have a variety of sounds.
Now that I definitely agree with. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decemberadio - Christmas   Decemberadio - Christmas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decemberadio - Christmas
Page 1 of 1