Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your favorites for 2008.

Go down 
+9
ChosenOne
silentthunder89
Follower of Jesus
Fundy
nazpastor
Staybrite
Dynamis
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Your favorites for 2008. Empty
PostSubject: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:09 am

What are your favorite CDs you bought this year?
Or are you still waiting on CDs you ordered and they have to be released?
Eden's Way 's CD will be released in two days.
Was 2009 a good year for hard rock/metal?
Or you bought a lot of stuff in other music styles?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:59 am

Quote :
Was 2009 a good year for hard rock/metal?

I'll let you know at the end of next year! Laughing

I can pretty much make out my list now, but I am waiting to hear the new Eden's Way before I rank anything. But, even though as much as I liked Letter 7, there have been 2 CDs that have topped it in overall play. That's all I'll say for now.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:57 pm

Thieves & Liars - "When Dreams Become Reality"
Menchen - "Red Rock"
Letter 7 - "Follow The Light"
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:35 pm

Can you stretch that out to a top 5 or 10 list? If you can, we can do a much smaller version of what CMR does. Arttie takes the number 1s and gives them a certain amount of points (25, actually). He lets you make a top 25 list, and each drop in rank on your list gets one less point. (2.=24, 3.=23, etc.) He then adds up all the points and adds them up for an overall board favorites list for the year.

On second thought, that sounds like too much work! Carry on! lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:00 pm

A top 5 or a top 10 is a good idea.
I never give the CDs I bought in one year points.
For me it's tough enough to create a top 10.

Let me see if I can allow me to order Eden's Way this week.

So we really have to wait till the end of the year before we know what's in your top list for 2008? Stupid
I think I know one of your topped CDs. scratch
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:04 pm

If that Eden's Way disc comes soon, I'll be able to listen and re-evaluate what is on my list. My list will be a combination of several metal CDs and several modern rock CDs. I might can even go to a top 15 for this year. But, until I get the last CD that I have really been looking forward to for 2008, I don't think it would be fair to post a list. Eden's Way could make my favorites or fall on their face. I'm not sure it would push my number 1, 2, or 3 out of the way. But, I want to give them the opportunity to!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:15 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

On second thought, that sounds like too much work! Carry on!

Not a problem, I would do it.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:16 pm

I am missing too many albums from 2008 to give an accurate account, give me until after Christmas and I will give my favorites.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:22 pm

We alllow that this time Staybrite. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:44 pm

Quote :
Can you stretch that out to a top 5 or 10 list?
If you can, we can do a much smaller version of what CMR does. Arttie
takes the number 1s and gives them a certain amount of points (25,
actually). He lets you make a top 25 list, and each drop in rank on
your list gets one less point. (2.=24, 3.=23, etc.) He then adds up all
the points and adds them up for an overall board favorites list for the
year.

I think this is a great idea but can we wait until after the first of the year so we have the opportunity to hear everything that has been released in 2008. For example, I am yet to hear the new X-Sinner- so that might factor in to my final rankings of the year.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:58 pm

How about we set a Jan. 10 date? If your list is complete before then, go ahead and share. But, we will accept submissions until then.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Good idea, but somehow I don't think X-Sinner will make my top 10 this year.

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:21 pm

Quote :
Good idea, but somehow I don't think X-Sinner will make my top 10 this year.

Just placed on order for the new X-Sinner at CD Baby. So I will be finding out if it is top 10 material in a very short period of time...

And BTW, the new Eden's Way is a "wild card"- not certain what to expect. But looking forward to hearing it.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:29 am

My top 2 are easy and won't change.

1) Harmony - Chapter II
2) Theocracy - Mirror of Souls
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 7:28 am

<------ No. 1!!!!

After that, I'll have to consider Harmony, Mission Of One and Theocracy.

FUndy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:07 am

Staybrite, can you create a top .. from the CDs you ordered this year?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:34 am

What is the meaning of our top 10 of 2008?
Only new released albums?
Or albums you have bought from albums who are realeased before 2008 count too for the 2008 top 10?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 10:52 am

Only releases that came out in 2008 are acceptable. If you were just playing catchup on an older release, it will not count for this year.

I will accept reissues as the new version came out this year. For example, you may have never heard the first two Deliverance CDs that Retroactive put out. That might be your favorite. I'll accept that. Also, without a reissue, His Witness wouldn't even be in our coolections. But, if it wasn't released in 2008, it doesn't need to be on this year's list.

Quote :
Just placed on order for the new X-Sinner at CD Baby. So I will be finding out if it is top 10 material in a very short period of time...

And BTW, the new Eden's Way is a "wild card"- not certain what to expect. But looking forward to hearing it.

Dynamis, I'm expecting your review on the X-Sinner will be much like my comments or Naz's. I'm betting that they get a spanking! I am also betting that this doesn't make your list for the year.

If you listen to the three songs on the Eden's Way Myspace, there is no way I can call them a wild card. They have that 80's sound that I absotively posilutely love! I think that their last CD made my favorites for 2006. Having met them, they are a great bunch of guys--especially Dave and Jacob--and I respect them for really striving to live godly lives, use their music as a witness for Christ, and not bowing down to pressure to have a more modern sound. These guys are doing it 80's style because that's what they love! OK, I'll quit being their cheerleader....for now....

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:36 am

Hope Eden's Way will release their new album soon so we can give it a place in our top 10 for 2008.
I love the sound of those guys. They sound cool.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:28 pm

Driver - Sons of Thunder (don't know if this qualifies for CHM or not, but the lyrics are Christian)
Letter 7 - Follow The Light
Theocracy - Mirror of Souls
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:57 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
Driver - Sons of Thunder (don't know if this qualifies for CHM or not, but the lyrics are Christian)

I would say it counts.

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:29 pm

Quote :
Dynamis, I'm expecting your review on the
X-Sinner will be much like my comments or Naz's. I'm betting that they
get a spanking! I am also betting that this doesn't make your list for
the year.

If you listen to the three songs on the Eden's Way
Myspace, there is no way I can call them a wild card. They have that
80's sound that I absotively posilutely love! I think that their last
CD made my favorites for 2006. Having met them, they are a great bunch
of guys--especially Dave and Jacob--and I respect them for really
striving to live godly lives, use their music as a witness for Christ,
and not bowing down to pressure to have a more modern sound. These guys
are doing it 80's style because that's what they love! OK, I'll quit
being their cheerleader....for now....

Just got an e-mail from CD Baby advising the new X-Sinner shipped. I'll report back once it has arrived and have given it several spins...

As for Eden's Way, I reviewed their previous album and found it had a lot of good moments and some that were OK. So am uncertain what to expect with their new one- that is what I mean by a wild card. But I can agree they should be commended for not bowing down to pressure to have a more modern sound.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5302
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:05 am

I was really eager to get the new X-Sinner, but because of the negative reviews I'm holding off for a bit. I'll wait for the angelicwarlord review first, and if it's favourable then I may consider it (and get something else too!!!)

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:00 am

I must say, I was really pleased with the new Harmony CD. It was every bit what I expected and perhaps a little more. As far as X-Sinner, from what I listened to on Rhapsody the vocals could've been better (but I think it had something to do with production) but the music was solid as always. Overall, I think Id rate it a 7 or 8/10
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 12:39 am

I'm still waiting for my Stricken/This Fires Embrace cds (should be here tomorrow). Although I can more than likely say that Disciple's Southern Hospitality will indeed be my #1. I did just get the new Nailpoint cd and WOW! Haven't heard it all but from what I did hear, it will probably be #2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorites for 2008.   Your favorites for 2008. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorites for 2008.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next