Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Migraines

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3869
Registration date : 2007-01-30

The Migraines Empty
PostSubject: The Migraines   The Migraines I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 10:13 pm

Now that I finally got to hear them, I'll tell you about another Indiana band. They used to be secular until 2000 and did a fair amount of punk oriented stuff, but their new material is more metal. They get out and play clubs and bars, too, largely because of the secular roots so they don't have the Christian label attached to them, but they're quite bold.

http://myspace.com/migraines

Their next release is going to be a hymns CD. You can hear "O Come O Come Emmauel". They played an awesome version of "All Creatures of Our God and King" last night. I can't wait for this release.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441

The Migraines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Migraines   The Migraines I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 7:56 am

I was just set to go off on a rant about not needing another "hymns" project from a rock band. I was going to use the same arguement that I would against another tired P&W project about bands using the same songs over and over.

But, then I played the songs on MySpace. This is good stuff!

But, why do they call themselves Southern Rock? First, they are not from the south, and there is no country overtones in the music. Southern Rock is more Skynard or the Allman Bros. This is just metal with a baritone singing.

But I like it!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

The Migraines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Migraines   The Migraines I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 8:42 am

I didn't even notice they called themselves southern rock. I'll have to ask about that, because I agree with you.

rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The Migraines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Migraines   The Migraines I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 9:13 am

Since I am not really a southern rock fan I thought let this band go.
But you never know what you miss when you don't listen.
Am I surprised by Migraines.
No it's not a band to get a headace from.
The first song I don't like , but the other songs sounds very good.
But southern rock .... I thought that really has a different sound.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

The Migraines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Migraines   The Migraines I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 1:56 pm

[quote="Staybrite"]
alldatndensum wrote:
But, why do they call themselves Southern Rock?

If they do that then that one band member can get away with wearing a cowboy hat.
geek It could also be that they see themselves doing something akin to what C.O.C. did, switching from punk to a more grungy-doomy metal kind of sound. For some reason lots of people lump C.O.C. in with "southern rock". Also the term "southern rock" seems to less and less applied to Sknryd and Molly Hatchet type groups and more to bands like C.O.C., Down, Black Label Society (maybe Norm can come in a straighten us out).

I have only listened to the first song, but I'm already loving it.
Do they already have an album out (with Christian lyrics)?

Great to see their faith blatantly posted all over their Myspace page.

I might think about changing the name of the band if it was me. Migranes definately sounds like a punk name.

Last edited by on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

The Migraines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Migraines   The Migraines I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 3:17 pm

Yes, their CD Endangered Species is Christian, but it contains a fair amount of punk influence since the material was written in 2001-2003.

They kept the name because they had the name recognition which got them into the same venues they used to play. They've opened for larger secular bands since being Christian for example. They have now changed their style to be more metal.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

The Migraines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Migraines   The Migraines I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 2:29 pm

topshot rhit wrote:

They kept the name because they had the name recognition which got them into the same venues they used to play.

That's understandable, I can see how they wouldn't want to potentially loose a large chunk of their fanbase by changing their name.

--

The Migraines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Migraines   The Migraines I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Migraines
Page 1 of 1