Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Letter 7 - Follow the Light

Go down 
+4
rockerVu2
Thomas
alldatndensum
Staybrite
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Letter 7 - Follow the Light Empty
PostSubject: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 2:58 pm

Ok, yes I know I'm a little late in discussing this album, but hey I'm slow....

I still remember being totally stoked by Letter 7's first album "Salt of the Earth". And was very happy to find out they were releasing a follow-up album this year. Like most I was a little surprised to see the change in musical direction. It wasn't a drastic change, but I thought they had a great sound and musical direction on the first album and was a bit shocked to see they had messed with it.

After listening to the album several times, It seems that much of that change was due to a maturing in the song writing department. After repeated listens I have to say that "Follow the Light" blows away their first release (I didn't think that was possible, but there you have it). This is an exceptionaly good record. There isn't one bad song on the disc, and I find myself singing the songs in my head (and out loud) for hours after hearing the album.

This album will probably top my list of favorites for 2008

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:34 pm

Quote :
After repeated listens I have to say that "Follow the Light" blows away their first release (I didn't think that was possible, but there you have it). This is an exceptionaly good record. There isn't one bad song on the disc, and I find myself singing the songs in my head (and out loud) for hours after hearing the album.

This album will probably top my list of favorites for 2008

Until the Stricken and Disciple discs came out, Letter 7 was holding on to the top slot on my favorites list. I like those two just a tad bit more, but I don't think I can really downgrade Letter 7 past number 3 for the year. It's just too good.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:03 pm

I don't have the Stricken disc yet, but I would still expect the new Letter 7 to still beat them out for my list. And well....you know how I feel about Disciple.
Tongue

If there were 5 or 6 more Christian metal acts making music in the vein of the new Letter 7 disc (with the same quality) I would be happier than a pig in slop. Love that hard rockin music with tons of melody in the vocals.

Thomas

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 12:11 am

Alldat - hey, what about that Incarnate CD??? Very Happy Ha ha ha!

Seriously, I agree that this album blows away their first. I don't have it yet, but I WILL... hopefully soon... oh why oh why do all these CDs I want HAVE to cost money??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.unforsaken.ca
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:30 am

Quote :
Alldat - hey, what about that Incarnate CD???

I just have not made myself sit down and write a review. Sorry, bro.

Did you get that lyric file to open?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:08 am

"Salt Of the Earth" was an album I like from the first listening.
"Follow The Light" takes a bit more listenings.

Sometimes when I listen to new music my mind is too full to really listen.
That was the case when I first listened to "Follow The Light"
But sometimes it really helps me to empty my mind to listen to music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:03 am

It's good, but not nearly as good as Salt of the Earth.

I've been listening to it daily, and it's still not grabbing me the way the first one did.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:54 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
It's good, but not nearly as good as Salt of the Earth.

I've been listening to it daily, and it's still not grabbing me the way the first one did.

Surprised to hear that, seems like the hooks in this album are big enough to catch a whale. I find myself singing them all day long.

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 9:28 pm

Never heard them before last week. Picked this album up at an indoor flea market. Kept it in my CD player for a week and heard the whole album about 6 times during that week. Loved several songs, especially Nail in the Cross, Send me an Angel, Mystery, and Prayer Warriors
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 9:33 pm

They have three albums and all are great.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 10:00 pm

It was cool to read through this old thread.  I never seem to find anything as cool as Letter 7 at the flea markets I manage to make it to.

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 9:25 am

Me neither but in the NW, aren't many who listen to that kind of Christian music. 
Man, Tall Tyrion.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 7:53 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Me neither but in the NW, aren't many who listen to that kind of Christian music. 
Man, Tall Tyrion.

Yeah I'll take the blame for that one.  I angered TT over some issue several years back (I think it was about the police).  He closed his account and never came back, bummer because I really liked him.

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 1:00 am

Andy Summers, Stewart Copeland, and Sting?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 9:21 am

Tall Tyrion, there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 7:48 pm

I think TT went through a spiritual crisis, he left all the boards.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 8:03 pm

Black Rider wrote:
I think TT went through a spiritual crisis, he left all the boards.

Oh if true, that stinks. Sad

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 10:16 am

I believe he showed up on the Facebook Firestream page.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letter 7 - Follow the Light   Letter 7 - Follow the Light I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letter 7 - Follow the Light
Page 1 of 1