Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An interview with Rob Rock.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16551
Registration date : 2007-02-09

An interview with Rob Rock. Empty
PostSubject: An interview with Rob Rock.   An interview with Rob Rock. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:10 am

Rob Rock interview
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Rob Rock.   An interview with Rob Rock. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:24 am

Cool interview. I'm looking forward to hearing some new Impellitteri with Rob on vocals.

The Driver disc that he talks about in the interview is pretty good too.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Rob Rock.   An interview with Rob Rock. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 10:47 am

I've read about Driver.
Is Driver a Rob Rock production?
Or ???
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Rob Rock.   An interview with Rob Rock. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:10 am

Rob was involved with a group called M.A.R.S. way back in the 80's. It was a secular project, I believe. The EP that they did has been out of print for ages and goes for some unreal prices on eBay.

Rob Rock and Roy Z got together and decided to redo that EP. They redid the original 6 songs and added 6 more to form Driver. While the lyrics are not as bold as some of Rob's solo stuff or the Fires Of Babylon CD he did, his faith in Christ still comes through. Musically, this is just great 80's hard rock done right.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Rob Rock.   An interview with Rob Rock. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 4:35 pm

Quote :
this is just great 80's hard rock done right.
Now this Driver project has my interest.
80's Rock done right is cool.
Makes me to search for some samples.
I love to know things like that.
It's interesting to know "the story" behind a band or in this case a CD.
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-25

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Rob Rock.   An interview with Rob Rock. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 4:59 pm

I got a copy of M.A.R.S. that somebody gave to me. I could send you a copy too if you want to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcpiras
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Rob Rock.   An interview with Rob Rock. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:50 am

That's a nice gesture 777rocker. Very Happy
The fact M.A.R.S is a secular band made it not very interesting to listen too.
My collection only has Christian hard rock.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Rob Rock.   An interview with Rob Rock. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 3:45 pm

Kewl interview thanks for posting that sister.

kethdredd

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Rob Rock.   An interview with Rob Rock. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:57 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Rob was involved with a group called M.A.R.S. way back in the 80's. It was a secular project, I believe. The EP that they did has been out of print for ages and goes for some unreal prices on eBay.

Rob Rock and Roy Z got together and decided to redo that EP. They redid the original 6 songs and added 6 more to form Driver. While the lyrics are not as bold as some of Rob's solo stuff or the Fires Of Babylon CD he did, his faith in Christ still comes through. Musically, this is just great 80's hard rock done right.

Actually M.A.R.S. Project Driver and the Driver EP are 2 totally separate things.

MARS was a supergroup of sorts standing for Macalpine, Aldridge, Rock, Sarzo. This full length album was released in 1986 and is still readily available.

Driver was a sort of Christian/Secular crossover project that Rob Rock started up with Roy Z in the late 80's. They released an EP in 1989. This is the EP that was recently rerecorded and released as Driver- Sons of Thunder. I remember an interview with Rob Rock where he asked Macalpine if he could use the name Driver.

The Driver- Sons of Thunder disc is exellent and well worth picking up.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Rob Rock.   An interview with Rob Rock. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:05 am

Driver has my interest.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Rob Rock.   An interview with Rob Rock. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 9:13 am

Where you can order "Sons Of Thunder" of Driver?
I've listened to the samples of Driver and ohhhh how this rocks.

777rocker, what's your opinion of M.A.R.S?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Rob Rock.   An interview with Rob Rock. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 9:25 am

You can definitely get Driver at www.nehrecords.com

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Rob Rock.   An interview with Rob Rock. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 12:05 pm

That M.A.R.S. disc is available at a few distros as well. Don't pay more than you would for an average new cd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An interview with Rob Rock.   An interview with Rob Rock. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An interview with Rob Rock.
Page 1 of 1