Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grammatrain!!!

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
7thSecond
silentthunder89
7 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Grammatrain!!! Empty
PostSubject: Grammatrain!!!   Grammatrain!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 4:42 am

So I was looking at the normally meaningless
bulletins people have posted when I saw something that peaked my
interest. It was a bulletin from Grammatrain. It read:

"Some News about Grammatrain Coming Out Soon

It will be exciting. You will like it. You will cheer.

I can't say what it is yet.

Stay tuned!

Grammatrain"

Words cannot describe how excited I am right now! I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a total letdown.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Grammatrain!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grammatrain!!!   Grammatrain!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:02 am

Pete Stewart is no longer a Christian so I wouldn't expect to much as far as the original line up goes. Unless of course they reform as a secular band.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Grammatrain!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grammatrain!!!   Grammatrain!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:37 am

Yeah, true. But they still have an awesome sound
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Grammatrain!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grammatrain!!!   Grammatrain!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:50 am

I just wonder if they are regrouping without Pete Stewart. Or, maybe Pete has recovered from his crisis of faith. Who knows?

I really liked both of the Grammatrain CDs. But, I even more liked Pete's solo disc that he did after Grammatrain broke up.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Grammatrain!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grammatrain!!!   Grammatrain!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 2:47 pm

These guys are actually from my neck of the woods (somewhere), so you can find both of the Grammatrain discs in bargin bins and used stores all over here.

Gotta confess I never was much of a fan, had both discs and traded them.

RoxxRegime

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Grammatrain!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grammatrain!!!   Grammatrain!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 7:22 pm

Funny, I'm actually sitting here listening to Grammatrain as I read this! Smile Grammatrain is one of my favorite bands.

I was wondering what you guys think about listening to them since Pete has left his faith?

I'm not against secular music (I actually listen to Nirvana way more than Grammatrain)......but hearing Christian lyrics from someone who isn't a believer anymore is just kinda weird. I'm not judging at all; I'm just saying its kinda weird. What do you guys think?

And I'd be THRILLED if there were a new Grammatrain disc!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23368
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Grammatrain!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grammatrain!!!   Grammatrain!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:50 pm

I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with listening to Grammatrain, even if the main songwriter claims to no longer be a Christian.
We expect that at the time the songs were written that they were written to exalt the Lord. Just because the person has lost their way does not mean the song is no longer worthy.
And who knows if God is done with Pete Stewart. He may come back to the fold anyday.
Assume we quit listening to the music because Stewart left his faith. What happens if he comes back? Does that mean we can listen to it again? But in the mean-time what has change about the song? Nothing. Seems kind of strange to me, that someone would forsake a song because the song-writer had a crisis of faith.

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Grammatrain!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grammatrain!!!   Grammatrain!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:17 pm

Heck look at Liberty & Justice albums. They are full of non-believers singing Christian themed songs. I've always thought that was a little strange myself.
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-25

Grammatrain!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grammatrain!!!   Grammatrain!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 7:20 am

First time I saw Grammatrain was in 94 as an opening act for Holy Soldier somewhere in Oregon. Bought their demo tape and still like it. Also saw their last performance here in Germany. Was great too. Keep Pete in prayer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcpiras
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868

Grammatrain!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grammatrain!!!   Grammatrain!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:56 pm

Quote :
Pete is writing the lyrics. Needless to say, it won't be a Christian record. So far the lyrics have been about a victory over drug addiction and the damage drug addiction can do. Pete has assured Dalton and Paul that there won't be anything offensive in his lyrics, it's not really where he's at anymore.

silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Grammatrain!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grammatrain!!!   Grammatrain!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:43 am

Sad

Where did you find that quote from Topshot?
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3868

Grammatrain!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grammatrain!!!   Grammatrain!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:26 am

From someone very involved in the project. I don't want to cause any strife for anyone involved so I won't say, but the public should know what to expect. Keep praying for Pete.

silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Grammatrain!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grammatrain!!!   Grammatrain!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:42 pm

Quote :
Keep praying for Pete.

Definitely!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23436

Grammatrain!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grammatrain!!!   Grammatrain!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:00 pm

Perhaps by putting Pete back with Grammatrain, God is getting ready to restore his faith.

As far as not listening to their past work due to Pete's lack of faith, I think that would be a huge disservice to the band. If you enjoyed the band and their message stuck with you, then why wouldn't you continue to listen? Same goes for Vengence Rising & Roger. The past work still stands as it was God focused.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Sponsored content

Grammatrain!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grammatrain!!!   Grammatrain!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grammatrain!!!
Page 1 of 1