Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jury doody

Go down 
+4
Just_Sue
Staybrite
sabidoo
Guilty/Forgiven
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:15 pm

For the first time in my life, I hafta show up to a jury duty. I've had tons of notices over the years but was always excused. Now my wife is laughing her head off cuz I hafta go. I'm hoping that they'll not pick me and just send me home. I mean, they're totally not gonna want me... I'm mostly apathetic, but on the things I do have an opinion on, I'm very 'black and white' (ie. if a child was harmed, or a woman was abused, a family attacked, etc... I say SNUFF 'em. Too much sissy-ness in our system, if more people got snuffed for specific crimes, our crime rates would drop.) ... I hear they don't like that attitude in a juror.

Anyone here have a good jury duty story to brighten my day ?
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 3:17 pm

Get the movie "JURY DUTY" with Pauly Shore.

Jury doody MV5BMTI4NTcyNjU1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjk4MzQyMQ@@._V1._SX96_SY140_
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 3:46 pm

I have managed to get out of jury duty twice now. One of these days I'm gonna get stuck doing it.
I think it might be fun (if you can stand the massive pay cut). My mother did it twice. She was selected both times. Her suggestion for getting out of being selected is to act like a total bigot (but be convincing).
Sheesh great advice mom.
scratch

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 4:17 pm

i actually LOVE jury duty!
i've been called several times, but only got to serve once.
it's always the defense team that rejects me, too. apparently, i come across as the type that would vote to convict.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 4:46 pm

Here we don't have jury duty.
I am very glad with that.
Guilty I hope God gives you wisdom when you need that.

How long do you have to be in the jury?
And is there a real chance you have to act like a jury member?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 9:26 pm

I've only been called for jury duty once, and I was able to get out of it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 9:31 pm

Quote :
Get the movie "JURY DUTY" with Pauly Shore.

That was actually my prerequisite "documentary" to study before I went... learned a lot of good M.O. - ie. falling asleep and right out of the jury box... I'll try that one for sure.
Falling asleep is actually a great technique. It actually worked for my older brother who kept nodding off... they finally told him he was free to leave.

I think drool is an added bonus, kinda like

Jury doody Skaisdead_tx_01
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 9:40 pm

We finished todays session. They started with about 78 people. After "hard-ship" whiners were finished (as well as one non-citizen), there were 62 left. We got thru the first 18 ppl being questioned, then the bell rang. We hafta return tmrw at 10AM to keep whittling down the group to an elite 12.
This is so fun.
Jury doody Very%20bored
Back to top Go down
sabidoo

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 10:24 pm

Honestly, I would hate to tried by a jury of my "peers" who were too STUPID to get out of jury duty. Quite obviously the dumbest of the dumb.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 9:02 am

Guilty, have you made that drawing?
It's a very good one.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:14 am

One time I got the slips in the mail to show up for jury duty from both local and federal at the same time. Since federal takes priority,I got away from local. I got out of federal on account of my hearing. Even with my hearing aids I have a hard time understanding everything. So if I can't hear it right ,why should I be on the jury when I wouldn't understand them.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:46 am

I could've got out with a "hard-ship" (since I have a myriad of health problems that would prove difficult for a long trial), but what the heck, if God wants me there, He will manage my health probs for me.
I can understand Hardcore's dilemma of not being able to hear the proceedings very well. Yours would definitely be something the Judge and Lawyers would consider. I can't claim anything like that, but I'll tell you what, I got some serious case of the ADDs - I have so much trouble staying focused, even tho I'm almost 40, I swear I'm like a little kid who daydreams - I'd have a lot of trouble putting together all the details of the case cuz of the parts I miss while watching if that fly is gonna land on the lawyers water glass. Laughing

and no, Vonnie, I didn't draw that one... just ripped it from another website... however, in the next couple months, I should be finished with my new website and it's gonna have an "art gallery" with my art. Intead of my art getting old and damaged by time in my garage... I figured I'd digitize it all and upload it for the amusement of the people.

Today, we have to convene (that's a technical jury term for those of you without this precious knowledge) at 10AM. I know one of the Officers involved, in fact we went to high school together, then years later to church together.. i know much of his family and used to have breakfast with his grandpa every friday. So they may excuse me today cuz I'm gonna be honest and tell the judge that I would take any of what this officer says as truth.

Oughta be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 3:35 pm

Let us know if you get out, or selected either one.

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 3:57 pm

this one trial i was called for was for a kid who walked into the high school with a .22 handgun, put it to another kid's head and shot him.

thankfully, the kid didnt die, but he was in the hospital for quite a long while.

at the time i was called i was working 2 jobs: 1 at a lumber mill and the second as a manicurist in a local beauty parlor.
that was one of the questions both the prosecution and defense asked me: did i work and how many jobs?
i never understood why that mattered in this particular case, but whatever it was, the prosecution immediately told the judge they approved of me, but the defense asked that i be excused.
Back to top Go down
Disposable HERO

Disposable HERO

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 2:15 am

Summoned 5 times. Note from an employer got me out of even showing up once, phone calls the night before revealing no need for jurors took care of another instance, twice I had to show up but was so far down the list I wasn't even sent to the box to be considered, and once I was selected for a jury (which lasted one week and into the next). That's my experience with jury duty.

My wife was so frustrated, because she always wanted to have jury duty and especially to serve on a jury, but she never received a summons, and I kept getting summoned--5 times in about 15 years. Then just a few months ago she got her wish and was finally summoned for jury duty. She was so excited. She showed up for 2 days but wasn't selected. I don't know if she even made it to the box, but I don't think she did. She was bummed.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:31 pm

That's so weird, my wife is the same way. She WANTS to sit on the jury and decide a case... I tell her she's nuts.

btw, I GOT EXCUSED !!!! YAYYYYYYY ! !! ! ! ! Back to work for me, which is a good thing cuz today's the first and it's gonna be busy !

They chose their 12 before they could even get to me, then the judge said we're free and do not have to be on jury for an entire year ! Woooo HAAAAAAAA !!!!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:45 pm

Oh man, sounds just like my wife. She has wanted jury duty for years.
She finally got selected for a local trial in our po-dunk little town.
They ended up cancelling the trial for some reason, and man was she miffed.

Jury doody Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury doody   Jury doody I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jury doody
Page 1 of 1