Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Royal Rangers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23416
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Royal Rangers Empty
PostSubject: Royal Rangers   Royal Rangers I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 3:36 pm

Anyone ever heard of this. It is kinda like boyscouts at church (only I think it is just for Assembly of God).
We don't have it at our church but we thought our boys might like it. So we started having them go at one of our other churches in town last week. Well this weekend I went with my son to a Royal Rangers outing (Firday night & Saturday). He had a blast, got to shoot a bow and arrow, have a camp fire, played darts. All kinds of fun, even if it did rain all day Saturday.

--

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Royal Rangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rangers   Royal Rangers I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 5:20 pm

That sounds great ! There really is a need for an alternative to the scouts... preferrably Christian (with LOTS of adult supervision and accountability)
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Royal Rangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rangers   Royal Rangers I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 5:35 pm

apologetixfreak wrote:
That sounds great ! There really is a need for an alternative to the scouts... preferrably Christian (with LOTS of adult supervision and accountability)

Definately lots of accountability, all the boys are supposed to have a buddy (another boy, not adult) that they go everywhere with. There was prayer before most every event. And application of bible scripture to most of the activities they did.

I had to have a background check done on me just to attend with my son.

--

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Royal Rangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rangers   Royal Rangers I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 8:49 pm

Sounds cool. I had only heard about it at a local AoG church I visited. I thought it was just a Sunday School class.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23465
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Royal Rangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rangers   Royal Rangers I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 8:59 pm

I know that the AoG have the "Royal Rangers" for guys, and the "Missionettes" for the girls.

The Southern Baptists have "Royal Ambassadors" for boys and "GIAs" for girls.

Also, some churches are putting in AWANA groups because they have both boys and girls in them. But, all these organizations are a combination of scouting and discipleship training--and good programs for kids!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Royal Rangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rangers   Royal Rangers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 3:00 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

The Southern Baptists have "Royal Ambassadors" for boys and "GIAs" for girls.

I just learned about this last night from my Pastor, but it seems that neither of the Baptist churches in our town have this program. One of them does the Awana's program, but I got the impression that they didn't do much in the way of camping outings. (at least not at our local church).

--

Royal Rangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Rangers   Royal Rangers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Royal Rangers
Page 1 of 1