Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The key thing is...........

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-05

The key thing is........... Empty
PostSubject: The key thing is...........   The key thing is........... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:19 pm

The key thing is vocals. To me, anyway!

Of all the things on any rock/metal album, right at the top of the 'needs' list are the vocals. For instance, Guy Ritter's Holy Danger wasn't the best album in the world. The production was rather poor and the lyrics weren't spell binding (although some were very good). The artwork for the album was almost non existent and some of the vocals were wobbly. BUT, when he sung some of the lines it gave/gives me goose bumps. That to me is the key thing about any album. When you hit the mark putting vocals, lyrics and music together. Sometimes you can get away with awesome vocals, average lyrics and average music. But to make a top ten album the vocals are key.

Here's what I mean.....

Holy Danger - One Way
Vocals 9/10
Music 7/10
Lyrics 7/10
Production 3/10
Overall 9/10!!!

Barren Cross - State Of Control
Vocals 8/10
Music 9/10
Lyrics 8/10
Production 9/10
Overall 8/10!!!

On scores alone Barren Cross should win, but the vocals from HD just take the album above music, lyrics or production.

Does anyone else have a key thing they look for in an album?

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: The key thing is...........   The key thing is........... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:23 pm

I put vocals on top of the list. Vocals right under that. Then music/production. You also have to figure in the "smile factor". You know what I'm talking about. You listen to just a couple of seconds of a new project, your head starts to bang, and you just smile knowing that this is a new favorite.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The key thing is...........   The key thing is........... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:12 am

Vocals can be important, but I think my big deal is does the music click with me.
I love albums where the songs have hooks. Something memorable that drags you back to the song again and again.

PostSubject: Re: The key thing is...........   The key thing is........... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The key thing is...........
Page 1 of 1