Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Underoath

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
7thSecond
6 posters
AuthorMessage
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Underoath Empty
PostSubject: Underoath   Underoath I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:31 pm

Any of the rest of you plan on getting the new Underoath album, Lost in the Sound of Seperation, which releases Tuesday? I know a lot of you probably can't handle this type of music but there has to be another fan or two here?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Underoath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underoath   Underoath I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:36 pm

I've never been a fan myself, but I would think there might be a few fans here.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Underoath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underoath   Underoath I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:02 pm

Endy would probably be the only other one interested. I never really got into them. I tried the new Showdown disc, but I couldn't make it all the way through. Just too much for me. I gotta quit taking recommendations from other people and just listen to clips for myself.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
7thSecond

7thSecond

Underoath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underoath   Underoath I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:56 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I tried the new Showdown disc, but I couldn't make it all the way through. Just too much for me. I gotta quit taking recommendations from other people and just listen to clips for myself.
No offense intended but you know the name of this forum, Christian "Hard" Music is really a little misleading. I know you guys so it doesn't bother me but I'm willing to bet that there have been guest stop by here before and wonder where all the "Hard" music discussion is at. scratch
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

Underoath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underoath   Underoath I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:03 pm

The name is what it is because I did not want to give the impression that we were just another "metal realm" or that we were just a modern rock board. We like a lot of different stuff, and I felt that the name made it possible to blend it all together. We'd discuss more of the heavier bands if we had fans of that. But face it--we just don't have that many people here who like Underoath or Demon Hunter. It's difficult to really cater to all the different subgenres of what "hard music" could be.

I would guess that, if people really want to talk about the really heavy stuff, they will end up over at Firestream.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Underoath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underoath   Underoath I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:47 pm

I get the impression from reading some of the younger music fans post's (from all over) that they already think that Demon Hunter and Underoath are heavy metal bands.

I guess it really depends on your definition of Hard Music. If we had the board name as "Christian Rock Realm", we might end up with a bunch of people bagging on us for not talking more about Mercy Me or Jars of Clay.

I know topshot really likes more of the heavy stuff (if the lyrics are easily understandable). And I have grown to like more of the harder bands myself (the latest albums from Ultimatum & Tourniquet were excellent IMO). And there are several Deliverance fans here. It is not as we don't have members who dig the more aggressive metal, we just don't have the numbers. If we had 30-40 regular posters (like the CMR or Firestream) we would be able to sustain discussion about bands like Underoath, Extol, Demon Hunter etc.
So you have to stick around and keep talking about those bands 7th or else the fans will never show up.
Twisted Evil

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Underoath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underoath   Underoath I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 9:23 am

The fun of a board like CHM is that we have members with a wide variety in musical tastes.
That's very interesting because on this way you can listen to music you never thought to listen too.

Some weeks ago I listened to the Oil stuff I have.
When I first listened to Oil I didn't like it, but after a few listenings I like it more and more.
Maybe we have fans of Mortification or maybe even Torn Flesh fans?
7thSecond keep talking about your favorite music here.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Underoath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underoath   Underoath I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:20 am

Im totally psyched for the new Underoath album!! I didn't much like the earlier stuff, but I really liked the new songs they put on their myspace. Only 2 more days! XD
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

Underoath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underoath   Underoath I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:32 am

Their lyrics are too vague for me with a couple notable exceptions.

No point in duplicating Firestream - they focus on the bands with extreme vox.

Quote :
the name of this forum, Christian "Hard" Music is really a little misleading
Which bands regularly discussed here are not "hard"? Our mission statement if you will covers all forms of rock and metal. It just so happens that the majority of regular posters have little interest in the subset that encompasses extreme vox. That may be your favorite but there are only a couple others here that share your interest and they aren't very regular. We can't help that.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Underoath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underoath   Underoath I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:09 pm

silentthunder89 wrote:
Im totally psyched for the new Underoath album!! I didn't much like the earlier stuff, but I really liked the new songs they put on their myspace. Only 2 more days! XD

See I knew someone would be excited about this release.
Thumbs Up

7thSecond

Underoath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underoath   Underoath I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:20 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Which bands regularly discussed here are not "hard"?
I'd say at least half (Third Day, December Radio, Kutless etc.), if not more, depending on one's defintion of "hard". I enjoy a good bit of non-hard stuff though, hence the reason I come here, so what I said wasn't meant in a bad way anyway. I just thought the name would probably be a little misleading to many, that's all. Peace. Wink
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Underoath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underoath   Underoath I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:21 pm

Oh yeah and to stay on topic, the new Underoath is now out. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Underoath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underoath   Underoath I_icon_minitime