Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's 6 AM in Phoenix...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

It's 6 AM in Phoenix... Empty
PostSubject: It's 6 AM in Phoenix...   It's 6 AM in Phoenix... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:00 am

... and it is already 90 degrees outside. So I think I am going for a long walk before it really gots hot out- it is supposed to hit 110 today. Better hope the A/C doesn't break down...
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: It's 6 AM in Phoenix...   It's 6 AM in Phoenix... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:59 am

Oh wow! Thats way to much heat, I could never stand that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's 6 AM in Phoenix...   It's 6 AM in Phoenix... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Phoenix is brutal in the summertime. It's like stepping into a blast furnace. sunny
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: It's 6 AM in Phoenix...   It's 6 AM in Phoenix... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 4:14 pm

But it's a dry heat! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: It's 6 AM in Phoenix...   It's 6 AM in Phoenix... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:45 pm

You can joke about that, but wait until you go somewhere where they have temps in the high 90s with humidity at 70% with no chance of rain for days. You can't get away from it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: It's 6 AM in Phoenix...   It's 6 AM in Phoenix... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:22 pm

The dryness definitely helps, but in the 110-120 degree range, it is (pardon the pun) cold comfort. Razz

I would much rather have the dry heat than the humidity though.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: It's 6 AM in Phoenix...   It's 6 AM in Phoenix... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:40 pm

I agree. I got to experience that "dry heat" a few years ago when the Mrs. and I went out to Vegas and out to the Grand Canyon. For once in my life, I was 100% free of allergy conditions. It was amazing!

Of course, my wife clogged up the minute we stepped outside the Vegas airport waiting on our hotel shuttle.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: It's 6 AM in Phoenix...   It's 6 AM in Phoenix... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:59 am

You guys make me very glad I live in the Pacific NW. If it hits 90 degrees for more than 2 days it is considered a massive heat wave of catastrophic proportions.

I have been in the Sacramento Valley at 105 degrees, and dry as a bone. I have been in North Carolina when it was 95 and 85% humidity. I would take the dry heat any day, but in all honesty I’m glad I don’t live somewhere where it gets so wickedly hot.

PostSubject: Re: It's 6 AM in Phoenix...   It's 6 AM in Phoenix... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:18 am

Ughhhhh.... The clouds and rain there would drive me batty, but I'm sure it keeps things nice and cool in summer.

Actually, the summer's here are usually very mild as well. 80's to 90's is the normal range.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: It's 6 AM in Phoenix...   It's 6 AM in Phoenix... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:18 am

Quote :
You guys make me very glad I live in the Pacific
NW. If it hits 90 degrees for more than 2 days it is considered a
massive heat wave of catastrophic proportions.

I lived in Portland, Oregon for over 15 years and got tired of the rainy and cloudly weather. It would get depressing in the middle of April, May or even June when you would get day after day (often week after week) of rain and clouds and clouds and rain. The only real "dry months" were July and August. You could get a lot of nice weather in June and September but a lot of rain as well.

That said, the Pacific NW is beautiful- Mt. Hood and the Columbia River Gorge bring breathtaking scenery while the coast is only a couple of hours away.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: It's 6 AM in Phoenix...   It's 6 AM in Phoenix... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:01 pm

A lot of people do get depressed especially in the winter when you can go for weeks without any realy sunshine at all. Some days you just get this perpetual evening twilight all day long. But the peope that were born and raised here are used to it (I was a transplant from Denver, but I managed to cope).

Still it is good to be able to travel outside of state to visit some of the varied climates, and get away from the drizzel for a little while. We are trying to plan a family trip to AZ for some time in the next few years.

Hope your a/c is still working. sunny

PostSubject: Re: It's 6 AM in Phoenix...   It's 6 AM in Phoenix... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's 6 AM in Phoenix...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: