Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I HATE not being able to sleep!!!

Go down 
+3
rockerVu2
Disposable HERO
alldatndensum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

I HATE not being able to sleep!!! Empty
PostSubject: I HATE not being able to sleep!!!   I HATE not being able to sleep!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:39 am

My job has been rather unpredictable this year. I work for a large tire manufacturer, and the tire industry is in a major slump--especially on larger tires that go on semi trucks and buses. So, seeing that is half of what our plant does, we've had several shut down days (without pay) throughout the year. With our weird 12 hour shifts and our off day schedule, you have to consider these as "mini-vacations without pay" because you aren't scheduled off from work long enough to file for unemployment.

Anyway, I never really think about how much this place stresses me out. Everytime I am off for a week (whether real vacation or shut downs), I can't sleep the night before going back. I flip--I toss--I end up more tired than I was before I went to bed! Want to know what's weird? Everyone I know at the plant, regardless of job, has the exact same problem!

Needless to say, I am in a terribly grouchy mood due to lack of sleep. At least I have to go to work and can be grouchy there instead of at home with Mrs. Alldat.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Disposable HERO

Disposable HERO

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: I HATE not being able to sleep!!!   I HATE not being able to sleep!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:44 am

I know how frustrating sleep issues can be. I'm sorry about your job and the industry playing havoc with it. I wish there was more I could say. You have the sympathies of someone who has suffered from a serious sleep disorder and therefore knows what it can do to a person. Hang in there. I'll mail you some horse tranquilizers I got from...a friend...down on the street corner. Wink
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I HATE not being able to sleep!!!   I HATE not being able to sleep!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:10 am

It's good to keep your work situation in prayer to ask God to help you to sleep better and to help you in your uncertain job situation.
I pray you can sleep better on the nights you have to work so you get the rest you need to make your long shifts.
Remember "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philipppians 4:13.
Believe me please, He will care for you in all you need.

I am very familiar with sleeping for some hours and then wake up for some time.
This morning I was awake at 5.53 am and didn't sleep anymore.
Feel tired and grouchy too after nights without a decent sleep.

Last edited by avdb11 on Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: I HATE not being able to sleep!!!   I HATE not being able to sleep!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:55 am

I can suffer from some very inconsistent sleep patterns.

A couple of days ago I fell asleep around 10:00 only to wake up a quarter to 2 in the morning. I tossed and turned, tossed and turned and finally drifted off around 4:30, only to have to get up a couple of hours later for work.

Last night I turned in around 9:30 and tossed and turned, tossed and turned until finally drifting off around 11:00. I woke up a couple of minutes ago (around 5:30 am) and feel like a zombie. Needless to say, I still have a full days work to put in.

What I find that helps my sleep patterns is regular exercise (taking a 40 minute walk each day) and watching my diet (limit sugar intake).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5326
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: I HATE not being able to sleep!!!   I HATE not being able to sleep!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:05 pm

I've done night shifts in the past, and for me I had to get to sleep before it got really light, and the roads really busy. If I did then I'd sleep for 6 - 8 hours and it would be fine. I generally don't have too much trouble getting to sleep. But if I get to the stage where I get over tired, then I become really awake and it takes a couple of hours or more to get to sleep.

Sleep patterns are very strange, and each person is different. My favourite remedy for not being able to sleep is to put a DVD on (quietly with subtitles) and try and watch it. After a while I start to drift off.

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I HATE not being able to sleep!!!   I HATE not being able to sleep!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:29 pm

Sorry to hear you are having such sleeping trouble.

I don't usually have too much trouble getting to sleep, but I stay up too late (usually only about 6-1/2 hours of sleep a night).

If I'm having trouble getting to sleep at night I just pick up a book I really want to read, and it puts me out within 10 minutes (makes it very hard to read at night).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I HATE not being able to sleep!!!   I HATE not being able to sleep!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:58 pm

I usually don't have any trouble getting to sleep or staying that way. I typically wake up just seconds before the alarm goes off. But, after being away from the plant for a week seems to cause this. Tonight, because I am SO tired, I will sleep like the dead.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Disposable HERO

Disposable HERO

PostSubject: Re: I HATE not being able to sleep!!!   I HATE not being able to sleep!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:47 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
...Tonight, because I am SO tired, I will sleep like the dead.

I hope not, because we want you to wake back up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: I HATE not being able to sleep!!!   I HATE not being able to sleep!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:24 am

Quote :
.Tonight, because I am SO tired, I will sleep like the dead.

We would be concerned about you when that happenes.
I hope you have gotten a decent sleep last night.
enough sleep you can make it those long 12 hours.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: I HATE not being able to sleep!!!   I HATE not being able to sleep!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:48 pm

I went to bed last night about 8:45 and slept 'til the alarm went off. That was a nice night's rest.

Back to top Go down
Disposable HERO

Disposable HERO

PostSubject: Re: I HATE not being able to sleep!!!   I HATE not being able to sleep!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 11:43 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I went to bed last night about 8:45 and slept 'til the alarm went off. That was a nice night's rest.

Excellent to hear! What a relief that must have been. I'll say one thing for those rough nights without sleep or with bad sleep. Have enough of them, and you really appreciate the good nights when they show up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I HATE not being able to sleep!!!   I HATE not being able to sleep!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:01 am

alldatndensum wrote:

Good to hear!

sabidoo

Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: I HATE not being able to sleep!!!   I HATE not being able to sleep!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:21 am

Speaking of sleep.....

Ther were three men talking. The first was 70, the second was 80 and the third was 90.
The 70 year old complained, "I wish I could still pee."
The 80 year old fussed, "That's nothing, just wait until your old like me and can't poop anymore."

The 90 year old snickered at the "youngsters" and said, "I go pee each morning at exactly 7 a.m. and I poop at 9:15 a.m. The only problem is that I can't wake up before noon....."

I HATE not being able to sleep!!! Rimshotrr4

Last edited by sabidoo on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabidoo
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: I HATE not being able to sleep!!!   I HATE not being able to sleep!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:49 am

Good to hear you slept better.

It's really bummer to sleep for some hours and then awake, sleep some hours and awake so very early.
Ohhhh it makes me desperate.

Sabidoo lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I HATE not being able to sleep!!!   I HATE not being able to sleep!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I HATE not being able to sleep!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: