Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Smoking

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Smoking Empty
PostSubject: Smoking   Smoking I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 2:12 am

As of the 1st of July it will be illegal to smoke in a public building in England. Not sure what the fine will be, or how the law will be enforced, but there'll be a lot of frustrated smokers out their soon.

What does everyone think of a law like that?

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Smoking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking   Smoking I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 9:04 am

It's been that way in California for several years. I personally love it as I'm allergic to cig smoke. But people like my chain-smoking cousin hates having to go stand outside in the winter snow to smoke....
To that I say: then quit !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Smoking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking   Smoking I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 2:58 pm

Washington State just passed a similar law last year. It is illegal to smoke in any building accessible to the public. You are also not supposed to smoke within 25ft of a door.

I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke, and have difficulty breathing through my nose if I am around it for any more than a few minutes. I for one am pretty happy about the new law.

--

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Smoking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking   Smoking I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 1:53 pm

In Tennessee, we are really screwed up.

This is a year of record revenue, and all of our state's "rainy day funds" are maxed out. So, what do we do? We RAISE taxes on cigarettes by $.42 per pack "for education". It's always "for the children", right?

Then, we turn around and pass a public non-smoking ban. The only exemptions would be private clubs, businesses with less than 3 employees, and bars.

So, when people are forced to reduce how much they smoke when this public ban goes into place, the state artificially creates a tax revenue shortage on education programs that they have yet to unveil. They can then try to rush through the state income tax AGAIN. It's all about the money!

I hate smoking, but I believe that it should be the business owner's right to decide if smoking (which is still legal) is allowed in their shop/factory/restaurant/bar/etc. This is just another way that the government butts into your private life and tells you what to do, say, and think.

In the USA, it's time for a new Tea Party and restart this government from scratch.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Smoking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking   Smoking I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 2:08 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

In the USA, it's time for a new Tea Party and restart this government from scratch.

But tell us how you REALLY feel.

Sounds like Alldat is thinking about getting into politics.

geek

--

Admin
alldatndensum

Smoking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking   Smoking I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2007 8:50 am

Quote :
Sounds like Alldat is thinking about getting into politics.

If I thought I could really make a difference, I might. But, even some great men end up corrupt by going into politics. I'm not sure I could handle the pressures or temptations.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Smoking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking   Smoking I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2007 3:30 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I might. But, even some great men end up corrupt by going into politics. I'm not sure I could handle the pressures or temptations.

I have a college friend is heavy into campaining for candidates, (mostly state politics). He has met one or two state representatives who only served one term, and refused to run again for that very reason. One of them said that it seemed the only way to get anything done required you to compromise your values or "bribe" other senators/representatives with favors (ie voting for their pet projects/laws). Corruption almost seems the standard.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Smoking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking   Smoking I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 7:28 am

Here it's still allowed to smoke in restaurants and other public places.
In July 2008 it will be forbidden to smoke in restuarants and other public places.
I really hate the smoke of the cigarettes of others and special when you are having dinner in a restaurant.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Smoking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking   Smoking I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2007 11:36 am

Quote :
I really hate the smoke of the cigarettes of others and special when you are having dinner in a restaurant.

Most non-smokers hate the 2nd hand smoke that we endure at restaurants. But, most restaurants have both smoking & non-smoking sections. Since smoking is legal, I still maintain that the individual business owner should be able to decide for themselves if they want to allow smoking in their own shop.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smoking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking   Smoking I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smoking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: