Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cool Third Day article

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Cool Third Day article Empty
PostSubject: Cool Third Day article   Cool Third Day article I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:23 am

Third Day, the veteran Christian rock band, takes the cover of Billboard Magazine. In the article, you can learn more about their upcoming CD, working in the studio with Howard Benson, guitarist Brad Avery leaving the band, etc.

http://www.thirdday.com/assets/thirddaybillboard.pdf

WARNING: this is a rather long read!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Cool Third Day article   Cool Third Day article I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:58 am

Is it Ok I will read this article when I am awake in the middle of the night?
It's nice to have something to do when I am awake at night.

I think Third Day is a band that makes music for many years.
Back to top Go down
drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Cool Third Day article   Cool Third Day article I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:53 am

Quote :
I think Third Day is a band that makes music for many years.

Agreed! I think they will still be going three or four years from now.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Cool Third Day article   Cool Third Day article I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 11:15 am

I don't think that you'll see Third Day quit for some time. By bringing Howard Benson into produce, this signals that they are going to shoot for a secular crossover. As solid of a band as these guys are, then I can see them having quite a bit of commercial success--IF the gospel message stays up front. They tried this with the "Wire" CD, and fans did not react so well when the band took more of a clandestine approach with singing about Christ.

Bringing in the guest vocalists that they did this time also show that they are gearing up for a secular release. The Mosely girl from Flyleaf sings on two tracks. Flyleaf might be a Christian band, but they are highly popular on secular radio. Also, Chris Daughtry sings on one track. He has a huge following now after his successful debut CD and his many appearances on American Idol. Chris is also a Christian, but is not doing "Christian music" per se. Some people will go out and buy the CD just because some of their favorite singers are guests on there. This will be a good way to introduce Third Day to a new market.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Cool Third Day article   Cool Third Day article I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:51 pm

Third Day is one of those bands I always thought that would never abandoned thier message of Christ. While "Wire" may have tried to crossover they sure showed thier faith on "Wherever you are". Just listen to the song "Cry out to Jesus". I to hope they don't abandon thier message of Christ love just to appeal to the mainstream crowd. I have more respect for bands with a Christian message who don't hide it in the mainstream market then the bands who hide thier faith to get popular in the mainstream market. I think it is perfectly alright for bands to reach out to the mainstream as long as they don't forget about thier faith.

I think Third Day will stay true to who they are. I will probably get this cd. incidently I always seem to get my Third Day cds at hugely discounted prices. I bought "Wire" for $2 at my local library and just picked up "Come Together'" for $1.50 last weekend.
Back to top Go down
drumdude

drumdude

PostSubject: Re: Cool Third Day article   Cool Third Day article I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:08 am

Love the SIG ChosenOne.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Cool Third Day article   Cool Third Day article I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:58 pm

I seem to get most of my Third Day albums on the cheap was well. But I confess to paying around $10 for "Wire" and then promptly trading it.
I do think that "Wherever You Are" was a major imporvement lyrically (and I got it form lala). I'm optimistically looking forward to hearing more from the new alubm

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Cool Third Day article   Cool Third Day article I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 7:13 pm

Thanks for the comment about the SIG. It is from a band called Separated out of Portland Oregon and they are simply amazing. Lyrically they are like Casting Crowns in challenging christians & the church but they rock harder than CC. There is a CD out called Underground Sound. It has 15 artist on it taken from the internet that are independent (except for Paul Alan) and they have a track called "Something Wrong" on it. I like the vocalist that they have now and he writes some good lyrics. Check em out at myspace.com/separatedpdx
Back to top Go down
drumdude

drumdude

PostSubject: Re: Cool Third Day article   Cool Third Day article I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 8:16 am

Thats cool!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool Third Day article   Cool Third Day article I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cool Third Day article
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: