Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Apologetix sale

Go down 
+2
rockerVu2
alldatndensum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:15 pm

For those of you who thought you might want to hear some Apologetix but were short of cash, here's your chance. Right now, all of their CDs (except the pre-order of their upcoming disc) are half-off through midnight tonight May 28, 2008.

Find out more at www.apologetix.com

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:05 pm

This is my way to find out how Apologetix sounds.
Thanks, it's great.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:15 pm

Actually, Apologetix sounds like EVERYBODY. They do Christian based parodies of secular rock songs. They are meant to be funny, but they do have some value musically, too. If you don't take them too seriously, they can be a lot of fun to listen to every now and again.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:33 pm

What I like so much to Apologetix is that they make from secular songs Christian songs with good lyrics.
It's nice to read the lyrics ... but I really will listen how those lyrics sound.
What do I have to do to listen to the MP3s?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:49 pm

Sign up for their newsletter. When you click on an MP3 to play, you will see a place to enter your email addy. If you are already signed up, then you can go ahead and play it.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:53 pm

So you have to sign up first and then you can listen to some Apologetix songs?
Then I sign up so I can listen.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:52 am

It's nice to see some appreciation for these guys. Seems like anytime I see them mentioned on any Christian music threads, it's negative.
I've watched them grow musically from years back when they couldn't quite hit the tunes (which they'll be the first to admit), to the last few albums where they sound so much like the original, it's amazing.
Jay has an amazing ability to mimick the original singers... but more importantly, the lyrics are incredible ! Sometimes I think that what he wrote as "parody" should have been, could have been, the original lyrics. After all, music was designed to glorify God - and the talent given to the secular bands were meant to be for God, unfortunately in their fallen state, they don't glorify God. That's where ApologetiX comes in...
Seen them in concert 4 times -funny, yet rockin concerts ! I think they're even better live. They're really down to earth guys - they'll hang out with you after the concert and chat with you, etc.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 1:44 pm

I've always liked them, but you do learn to keep that to yourself at some other Christian music sites, that's for sure!

I'm looking forward to hearing the last couple of discs that I had just overlooked/forgotten about: "Wordplay" and "Chosen Ones".

For those of you who were interested in the half price discs, you just missed out. The sale is over.

Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:20 pm

I have all but the last two discs I think. I don't get a lot of it because I haven't listened to secular music in like 20 years. I don't even know most of the songs they parody, but they do show a great musical ability as they switch from one style of music to another and do all of them pretty well.

Guilty/Forgiven likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:00 pm

I haven't listened to much of their stuff, but what I have heard wasn't bad at all.
I certainly don't mind the fact that they parody secular tunes, but the genre hopping all over one disc kind of turns me off.

Admin
alldatndensum

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:18 pm

Quote :
I certainly don't mind the fact that they parody secular tunes, but the genre hopping all over one disc kind of turns me off.

Agreed. I think that they could really increase their CD sales by specifically targetting either their classic rock or modern rock fans. I would rather buy a CD chock full of parodied classic rock and metal tunes. I really don't get into the parodies of some of the more modern stuff. Not listening to secular music, you really don't understand why the song is supposed to be funny. With the older songs, I know those and can relate to the music a lot more.

Maybe some of the Apologetix dudes will see this thread and take the hint.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 3:53 pm

Apologetix only makes parodies on secular music?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 4:34 pm

That's what they do! They are very good at it, too!

Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:32 pm

Quote :
I think that they could really increase their CD sales by specifically targetting either their classic rock or modern rock fans.

They do have one album that sticks mostly to one style - their '97 album "Ticked". Unfortunately for ya'all rockers here, it's kinda grungy stuff from the 90s - with parodies from Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Garbage, Green Day, and the like.
I personally love it - having never heard most of the original songs, I grew to really love the stuff on the album as if it were their own material. But on occasion, I'll be in a store and hear one the songs they copied and trip out on how similar they are.

I personally transferred all their albums to Mp3 and created my own mixes... one specifically with rock and metal type songs (like their best parody ever: Metallica's "Enter Samson") - then I made one with all Pop, and one for oldies.... but NONE for country (I have my limits !)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:50 am

I might check out "Ticked" then if I can get it on Lala.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:47 am

Yes their parodies on secular songs are very good.
That's a gift too to make a christian parody on secular music.
Is "Smart Blessed Man" an Apologetix parody on the ZZ Top song?

Guilty/Forgiven, you must be very happy with the Apologetix attention.
You are a big Apologetix fan.
Now what's the coolest Apologetix album?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 2:27 pm

Guilty/Forgiven wrote:

They do have one album that sticks mostly to one style - their '97 album "Ticked". Unfortunately for ya'all rockers here, it's kinda grungy stuff from the 90s - with parodies from Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Garbage, Green Day, and the like.

Now that sounds like something I might really like. I listened to quite a bit of grunge and alt rock in the early to mid 90's.

Guilty/Forgiven

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:50 pm

Quote :
Now what's the coolest Apologetix album?

The more recent albums show much more talent and abililty and have some great songs like the Tom Sawyer parody (also more of the recent stuff that's popular). However, I do have my fav, and it's an older one: "Biblical Graffiti" - It has a wide variety of song styles and the songs are placed in chronological order of Biblical events. (I grew up with major music appreciation, from Sam Cooke to Metallica, from The Loving Spoonful to Minor Threat, from The Temptations to Van Halen, and so on......)
I go beyond the love of their parodies and talent, and am fascinated with Jay's writing. He has a gift for making intelligent lyrics that flow perfectly and teach so many Biblical stories and defenses of the faith (thus their name).
I learned all the Disciples names from their Steve Miller Band parody. I learned the geneological names from Adam on from their Led Zep song "Rock & Roots", also the names of the Kings from the Zep song "Good guys, bad guys".
I could go on and on... I will rate the albums below so you know what to get:

1 star = Get only if you're a diehard fan
5 stars = An absolute MUST !

Wordplay - **** (several great ones, but not my favorite choice of songs. Still extremely talented)

Hits: The Road - **** (Live album, some songs are better here than previously recorded)

Apol-AcoustiX - ** (Didn't thrill me, but still ok)

Isn't Wasn't Ain't (Director's Cut) - * (very early stuff, great lyrics is about all I can say)

Adam Up ***** (the Judas Priest and Ozzy parodies still make me laugh so hard!)

Grace Period ***** (Very good stuff on this album. Blue Oyster Cult parody is chillingly identical)

Keep the Change ***** (Excellent mix of talent... however, AC/DC's Brian Johnson is a bit difficult to imitate, if u know what I mean)

Spoofernatural **** (another clever album with one of my favs they've done= Tommy Tutone's Jenny)

Biblical Graffiti ***** (I just love this album, with my #1 fav= Enter Samson. From Pink Floyd and BTO to Zep and Rolling stones, this album takes me back to the sound and forward to my Biblical memorization)

Jesus Christ MorningStar *** (Good album lyrics and song choices, but not their strongest in talent... some of the songs were redone later and are much better... love the Zep classic= "Narrow way to Heaven")

Ticked **** (another good album as I said before, for the more grunge and punk types. Couple of other songs from different genres, pretty good. The Hootie take off is amazing, one of the many where Jay tells a Bible story perfectly and sounds just like the original song)

Radical History Tour * (ouch)
Back to top Go down

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:57 am

I have Biblical Graffiti. Very good album. I really should check out the other albums, but I would definitely prefer it if it was all one style. I wonder if they would ever consider releasing a compilation album in one genre.

My son plays in a youth praise band that does some parodies and some praise songs that utilize classic licks as an intro (Smoke on the Water is incorporated into Battle Belongs To The Lord, Rock You like a Hurricane is incorporated into Blessed Be, Crazy Train is incorporated into Shout To The Lord, etc..) Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:21 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I have Biblical Graffiti. Very good album. I really should check out the other albums, but I would definitely prefer it if it was all one style. I wonder if they would ever consider releasing a compilation album in one genre.

My son plays in a youth praise band that does some parodies and some praise songs that utilize classic licks as an intro (Smoke on the Water is incorporated into Battle Belongs To The Lord, Rock You like a Hurricane is incorporated into Blessed Be, Crazy Train is incorporated into Shout To The Lord, etc..) Good stuff.

That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Apologetix sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apologetix sale   Apologetix sale I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apologetix sale
Page 1 of 1