Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is it just me, or

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Is it just me, or Empty
PostSubject: Is it just me, or   Is it just me, or I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 7:28 am

is the whole musical scene kinda slow right now? There are several new releases coming out in the next couple of months, but there is such a lull right now. I'm kinda thankful, though, because I am getting to really play a lot of newer discs that I bought and really get to know them well. I'm also enjoying a few older releases of artists that I recently bought (like the first couple of Jeff Deyo CDs).

So, while it's a little quiet, I am also going to enjoy it while there aren't 500 CDs coming out at once that I would like to hear.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Is it just me, or Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or   Is it just me, or I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 7:44 am

It's just you. :P

Lot of good albums so far this year to me (Deliverance, Letter 7, The Showdown, etc..)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Is it just me, or Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or   Is it just me, or I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 8:23 am

I not talking about it being a slow year--just a lull in the scene the last couple of weeks.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Is it just me, or Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or   Is it just me, or I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 8:37 am

It's really quiet right now.
There's still no news about the progress of the debute CD of Grimmark.

I'm waiting for a Jeff Deyo CD.

There are really some cool CDs I'm lokking forward to.
In June one and in July an other CD I am looking forward too.

Times like these are good to listen to the CDs you already have.
Back to top Go down
rageofcr

Is it just me, or Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or   Is it just me, or I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 10:56 am

I honestly believe that this trend will continue as more and more Christians play in secular bands. The only two Christian-only releases that have really wowed me this year are Mad Max and Essence of Sorrow. I do expect to really enjoy the new Random Eyes, Rob Rock and Grimmark cd's though.
As far as the secular scene it's the biggest year metal has ever had (with June 5th being a big release date for several artists). I have purchased more than 30 secular discs this year alone and there are still a lot that I am missing. There have been more quality metal and hard rock releases this year than any year that I can remember and I have been buying rock/metal albums since 1978. The interesting thing is that many of these secular releases have positive themes, clean lyrics and sometimes even have Christian members in the bands (like Threshold and Megadeth). Even Type O Negative's new cd is a Christian themed work (Peter Steele has returned to the Catholic faith and refers to himself as a Christian now!). I am proud to say that secular heavy metal is no longer just about sex, drugs and satanism but is more about life and music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is it just me, or Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me, or   Is it just me, or I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it just me, or
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: