Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stellar Kart

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Stellar Kart Empty
PostSubject: Stellar Kart   Stellar Kart I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 5:40 am

I just discovered this modern rock band. I'm not a modern rock fan at all; but I heard their new single "Shine Like The Stars" on the radio, and I really liked it, so I checked out the album, Expect the Unexpected. After some sampling, I bought it yesterday. This disc is great!

It has a TON of 80's influence while not sounding like the 80's. There's one song in particular, Eyes, that sounds just like an 80's Van Halen anthem with its keys. But these guys, while definitely modern rock, understand the value of a "hook". The album's full of 'em!

The lyrics are really good too. The one lyric in the song that really grabbed me was this:

Compromise
Only satisfies
The dying part of you

Isn't that great?! The rest of the album is also pretty solid.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Stellar Kart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellar Kart   Stellar Kart I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 8:31 am

Stellar Kart samples

Click on the link to listen how Stellar Kart sounds.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Stellar Kart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellar Kart   Stellar Kart I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 12:01 pm

Modern rock? I don't own any of their albums, but I thought they were a Power-pop kind of band. Hmmmm guess I need to check it out.

Thanks for the link Vonnie. Thumbs Up

Follower of Jesus

Stellar Kart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellar Kart   Stellar Kart I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 1:49 pm

I don't know about their first record. Maybe they were more pop on their first album. This new album is most definitely rock. Its not "hard rock", but modern rock.

If you want a sample or two, PM me.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Stellar Kart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellar Kart   Stellar Kart I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 3:34 pm

That helps to listen how Stellar Kart sounds isn't it?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Stellar Kart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellar Kart   Stellar Kart I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 8:21 pm

Stellar Kart is classified as modern punk. They have that punk vibe, but they use a lot cleaner vocals with a lot of harmonies in places. I dig 'em!

The new CD is actually my favorite of the three. They were definitely soaking up some 80's rock when they were writing this!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Stellar Kart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellar Kart   Stellar Kart I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 8:58 pm

I can't get over how much the keys on "Eyes" sound like Van Halen's "Jump". Not the notes...just the feel.

I don't hear punk at all. I'm glad I didn't hear a description like that before I listened to 'em....I'd have never given 'em a chance! But this record is terrific.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Stellar Kart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellar Kart   Stellar Kart I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Check out their earlier releases and compare them to other "pop punk", or "power pop" as it is also known, and you will definitely hear the punk stylings.

I agree that the keyboards on "Eyes" has the same sound/tone as Van Halen did on "Jump".

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Stellar Kart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellar Kart   Stellar Kart I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 10:46 pm

I like thier song "Me and Jesus" off there last album. Listened to the album and wasn't much of a fan. Definitley was a powerpop album. If they have gone in a new direction, may have to check em out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stellar Kart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stellar Kart   Stellar Kart I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stellar Kart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: