Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Starfield brings down the house........LITERALLY!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Starfield brings down the house........LITERALLY! Empty
PostSubject: Starfield brings down the house........LITERALLY!   Starfield brings down the house........LITERALLY! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 9:41 am

Floor Collapses At Starfield Show, Over 40 Injured

NEWS SOURCE: JFH / Starfield, a Jesusfreakhideout.com report
April 23, 2008
Starfield brings down the house........LITERALLY! Starfield One of JFH's own staff reported in today about a terrible accident that happened last night at a Starfield concert in Abbotsford, B.C, Canada. JFH's Karen M, moderator of our forums wrote in about how her son Michael experienced the disaster first hand when the floor of the church showcasing the Starfield show (with Bethany Dillon and Shane and Shane) collapsed into the basement. Here's Michael's own account of the tragedy...
<BLOCKQUOTE>"There was an area in front of the stage where kids were jumping and dancing. The lights on the stage started swaying and then they fell toward the audience. The floor collapsed and sank and we fell into the basement below. I landed sort of weird and I hurt my knee and hip. Once I realized I was alive and pretty much OK, I knew I had to help, so I asked what I could do. Me and another guy were lifting pews off people. There were people with blood running down their faces and they were moaning and holding their head. Because the water manes broke, water was gushing everywhere and it looked just like a scene from a movie. It was completely surreal." </BLOCKQUOTE>

Karen also pointed us to this link from CBC News that reported on the accident. Starfield made this announcement today in response to what happened...
<BLOCKQUOTE>"As you may have heard by now, there was a serious accident at our concert last night, and many young people were injured. At this moment, we are consumed with concern and compassion for those who were injured, especially for those who were described to be in serious condition. Our hearts are with them. We ask that you join us in prayer for them. As a less important side note, none of the members of our tour were injured in the accident. The band would like to thank everyone for the outpouring of encouragement and support that we are receiving." </BLOCKQUOTE>

For a couple photos from the accident, view the CBC article. Please keep all those affected by this in your special prayers.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Starfield brings down the house........LITERALLY!   Starfield brings down the house........LITERALLY! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 10:51 am

Wild. It's hard to imagine 1200 people at a Christian rock show anymore for one, let alone for Starfield.

Looks like the building's not too old. The builder will likely get sued. "Obviously, the church floor wasn't built to handle that number of people." Right. Any modern building should handle that load.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Starfield brings down the house........LITERALLY!   Starfield brings down the house........LITERALLY! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:32 pm

But would it be build to support 1200 kids bouncing up and down to the music? Probably not. But, the builder should have had the foresight to know that this building was being built to handle a large number of people and everything supported properly.

Why would it surprise you about 1200 people at a Starfield show? They are all over CCM radio, so the youth groups of America know who they are. With great advertising, you can draw a crowd if the band is someone that a lot of people are familiar with.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Starfield brings down the house........LITERALLY!   Starfield brings down the house........LITERALLY! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 2:34 pm

topshot rhit wrote:

Looks like the building's not too old. The builder will likely get sued. "Obviously, the church floor wasn't built to handle that number of people." Right. Any modern building should handle that load.

Probably any modern "commercial" building (your average house/apartment has not been designed for that kind of loading). But again this was in Canada, not the U.S., so who knows what they can get away with regarding design and construciton.

I pray all those kids can quickly (and completely) recover from their injuries.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Starfield brings down the house........LITERALLY!   Starfield brings down the house........LITERALLY! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 4:34 pm

Quote :
I pray all those kids can quickly (and completely) recover from their injuries.

AMEN!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starfield brings down the house........LITERALLY!   Starfield brings down the house........LITERALLY! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starfield brings down the house........LITERALLY!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: