Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some cool bands live. !!!

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
fishingd
rockerVu2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Some cool bands live. !!! Empty
PostSubject: Some cool bands live. !!!   Some cool bands live. !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 8:01 am

Saturday we went to the Legends of Rock.
Seventh Avenue, Blindside, Stavesacre were the bands I didn't like so much.
For me Blindside is diet cookie monter music.

Fundy I have an original autograph of one of the band members for you.

Very cool was the gig Narnia did.
What I saw was a great band with a cool live show and a very bold and strong message for the audience.

Cool was it to see Oz Fox playing in the Rex Carroll Sessions and later with Bloodgood.
Les Carlsen is not ashmed to tell on stage a strong very bold message about God.
Years ago I listened to a CD of Bloodgood and wasn't very impressed of this band.
Now I saw them live and heard waht a heavy music they play I think Bloodgood is a nice band.

Glenn Kaiser did a gig too.
The sound of the music was so hard that the sound of his voice was to soft.

All those bands have a wonderful very strong and bold message.
those messages are little sermons.

It was nice to see all those metal shirts people are wearing, to be around the metal heads.
Now I think it's time for me to order a band T-shirt too.
Back to top Go down
fishingd

fishingd

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Some cool bands live. !!!   Some cool bands live. !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 1:00 pm

why did you like Seventh Avenue?

I saw Stavesacre in 1997 I didn`t like them.. The guys were just a buch of jerks when I went to talk to them..
Back to top Go down
http://www.metalpulseradio.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Some cool bands live. !!!   Some cool bands live. !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:34 pm

Seventh Avenue is not really my favorite music.
I didn't like Stavesacre too.
But Bloodgood made a cool show.
How great it is to see Oz Fox hopping on stage.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Some cool bands live. !!!   Some cool bands live. !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:42 pm

Wow, sounds like a blast. I haven't been to a large festival type concert in more than a decade.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Some cool bands live. !!!   Some cool bands live. !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 2:47 pm

This festival started at 3 pm and was finished around 0.30 am.
This was my first festival too.

Last edited by avdb11 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
777rocker

777rocker

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Some cool bands live. !!!   Some cool bands live. !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 4:18 pm

I really enjoyed it too! And I can tell you (to make a few of you jeleous Wink ) that I was set back 15 - 20 years when I listend to the rehersal of Bloodgood in the hotel room.
My favorites were Bloodgood, Whitecross and GKB. A big surprise to me was the Rex Carroll Session..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marcpiras
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Some cool bands live. !!!   Some cool bands live. !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 7:22 pm

You got to see Stavesacre. And didn't even like them? Dang I'd of loved to have been there. Being as they're breaking up I guess I'll probably never get to see them.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Some cool bands live. !!!   Some cool bands live. !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Awsome you got to see WhiteCross and Bloodgood. Oh for the glory days of festivals bringing these bands back. About 2 years back I went to Sonshine Festival in Minnesota and saw Stryper and Holy Soldier. The HS concert was put on by HM Magazine but the rest of the bands they brought on where in the Thrash/Death Metal genre. Plus they had a band called Fear Not which was NOT the Fear Not of back in the day.
Never have seen Bloodgood and saw WhiteCross a few times back in the day of In the Kingdom.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Some cool bands live. !!!   Some cool bands live. !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:21 am

Having festivals bringing the old bands back would be nice, but I am not sure that there would be a huge turnout. Sure, Cornerstone packs a crowd. But, there are far more modern groups there than old school hard rock/metal. Most of the kids today just think of our stuff as "their dad's music". So, unless you drag your kids along, a festival of just Christian metal in the USA probably would not be that successful.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Some cool bands live. !!!   Some cool bands live. !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:42 am

I really like Rex' Chicago blues.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Some cool bands live. !!!   Some cool bands live. !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:25 pm

I know that at the Holy Soldier show that night there was probably 100 people or less. They were supposed to play at 11:00pm but didn't get on stage till midnight due to delays. Wondering how many people walked in at 11 to see them and saw the death metal band on stage and thought that it was Holy Solider. Was pretty awsome thou to actually stand up front at the stage and after words get to visit with the band.
So yea it's fair to say the bands aren't drawing as much as they did back in the day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some cool bands live. !!!   Some cool bands live. !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some cool bands live. !!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: