Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fireproof--the movie!!!

Go down 
+2
topshot rhit
alldatndensum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Fireproof--the movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 7:40 am

Sherwood Pictures, the makers of "Facing The Giants", is returning this fall with a brand new feature film. "Fireproof" is the story of a firefighter who never leaves a partner behind--well, except his marriage partner. Capt. Caleb Holt must struggle with the fires of life to firerproof his marriage before it burns to the ground in divorce.

You can watch the trailer and learn more at:

www.fireproofthemovie.com

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Last edited by alldatndensum on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:55 am

Myspace disabled the link.

topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:58 am

The original website has the trailer though.

http://fireproofthemovie.com

drumdude

drumdude

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:26 am

This could be a very cool movie, if its anything like the first one.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:45 am

Facing The Giants was not Sherwood's first movie, Tim. They did one before FTG that was even more of a low budget production. It was called Flywheel, and it was about a used car salesman who cheated his customers. His lack of integrity was hurting his family, too. But, God got ahold of him, and turned the man around. It was a good story, but the quality of the film hurt it. You can buy a newer version of the movie now, though, with a lot of color correction and digital remastering. It's a lot better looking now, but it still looks very low budget. Oh wait! It was low budget! Flywheel was filmed with a mere $10,000.

Flywheel earned them around the $100,000 mark. They used that money to film Facing The Giants. That movie, with the successful run at theaters nationwide and DVD sales, has grossed well over the $12 million mark. Sherwood donated several million to the city of Albany to build a sports complex with a public pool, weigh room, indoor gym and walking track, etc. (like the Jimmy Floyd Center here). The rest is being used to film and promote Fireproof. They are gearing up to release this in theaters, and I hope it is even a larger success than Facing the Giants.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:48 am

Quote :
Myspace disabled the link.

That's what I get for copying/pasting a bulletin I made at MySpace.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 3:47 pm

I will be looking forward to this one. "Facing the Giants" was a fantastic film, and quite a surprise for me as I do not really care for most "sports themed" films at all.

PostSubject: Re: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 6:27 pm

I just wished FTG wasn't name-it & claim-it theology. Flywheel was a better message and it looks like Fireproof will be as well.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:14 pm

I never really saw the "name it & claim it" theology like I typically have heard it. The coach just decided to give God everything, and decided to take God at His word. Nowhere did you hear them promise the team a state championship. Nowhere did you see the coach and his wife tell God that they HAD to have a baby. They just surrendered everything to God.

Now, I will give you that it was a little sugar coated. But, even in non-Christian films, people love a happy ending. I think that the movie could have been just as powerful if the team had been whipped at the championship level. Imagine a bunch of boys on the field get creamed, take a knee, and then start praising God for taking them that far.

All in all, I think it was a great message. Give your life to God, honor Him, and He will do miracles in your life and through your life. If that's "name it & claim it", then I want some of that.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:27 pm

Oh man I just watched the trailer (and it looks good to me). It stars Kirk Cameron. That's right folks Buck from the "Left Behind Movies", and Mike Seaver from the 80's tv sitcom "Growing Pains".

PostSubject: Re: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 11:12 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I never really saw the "name it & claim it" theology like I typically have heard it. The coach just decided to give God everything, and decided to take God at His word. Nowhere did you hear them promise the team a state championship. Nowhere did you see the coach and his wife tell God that they HAD to have a baby. They just surrendered everything to God.

Now, I will give you that it was a little sugar coated. But, even in non-Christian films, people love a happy ending. I think that the movie could have been just as powerful if the team had been whipped at the championship level. Imagine a bunch of boys on the field get creamed, take a knee, and then start praising God for taking them that far.
That would have been a better ending. Well, maybe not creamed, but still losing.

Name ONE instance where a Christian did not get their way out of the plethora of spoken or unspoken requests. The only message an unbeliever could take away from the movie is if I believe in God, I get everything I want. Yes, that CAN happen and is in Scripture, but ONLY if it aligns with God's will. If someone came to Christ from that movie, the first trial they face will shatter their faith.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 11:16 am

I never got that feeling from the movie. I saw it as God blessing faithful people. That's it. Just because they received what they dreamed of (like Abraham or Joseph) didn't make this "name it & claim it" doctrine. God blesses some and tests others. In this story, it was the first.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 11:25 am

I don't think they were TRYING to make it seem that way, but that's the way it came across to several people I know.

Doom Ryder of Fleas

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 9:22 pm

I'll definitely check out Fireproof when it comes out. I've never seen Flywheel, but I've heard really good things about it as well.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:39 am

Welcome to CHM, Doom Ryder!

If you do watch "Flywheel", please remember that the movie was made on a very TINY budget. It is definitely a low quality film as far as production values go. Back in Sept. or Oct. of last year, the movie was rereleased with color correction, some cleaning up of the musical score, removing wind & other noises during the characters' dialoge, etc. While it is still a low budget film, this makes it a lot more enjoyable. If you decide to buy this or rent it, make sure it is the newer version.

Back to top Go down
Just_Sue

Just_Sue

Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:26 am

alldatndensum wrote:

All in all, I think it was a great message. Give your life to God, honor Him, and He will do miracles in your life and through your life. If that's "name it & claim it", then I want some of that.

right. it wasnt 'name it & claim it' at all. it was doing what we're instructed to do... praising God at all times, no matter the circumstances.

i enjoyed 'Facing the Giants' for its message. the dialogue and acting, however, was cringe-worthy, at best.
still a good movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fireproof--the movie!!!   Fireproof--the movie!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fireproof--the movie!!!
Page 1 of 1