Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Doesn't just drive you nuts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Doesn't just drive you nuts Empty
PostSubject: Doesn't just drive you nuts   Doesn't just drive you nuts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:00 pm

So our local Christian radio station went off the air and then came back on the air with a new format. To appeal to the 18-24 crowd they have mixed secular music with christian music. Meaning you get songs in a row by Disciple,Buckcherry,Three Days Grace,Kj-52,Barlow girl,etc. Wierd

Any ways I'm listening to the station the other day and here this pretty good power ballad. I'm digging it and liking it. Of course with no dj's I have no way of knowing who sings the song. So I google a verse from the song 'When you look me in the eyes" and to my dismay it is the Jonas Brothers. Pass. Doesn't it just drive you nuts when you hear a song,like it, and then discover it is a band you would never listen to.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't just drive you nuts   Doesn't just drive you nuts I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:55 am

That is were iTunes or any number of legal music download services come in great. You can get just the song you like and not worry about the rest. Jonas Brothers are kinda catchy on some of their choruses from what I have heard my two daughters like them, and they are not bad. Much prefer them to some of the other groups out there that are popular with that age group.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't just drive you nuts   Doesn't just drive you nuts I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 3:16 pm

ewwwwww, JONAS BROTHERS!!!!
Go wash your ears out quick!!!! And then listen the the entire Stryper catalog at least twice, and maybe you will be cleansed.
lol!

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't just drive you nuts   Doesn't just drive you nuts I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:30 pm

Don't worry I got my real rock fix on at work today. I just think that the radio station has flipped. It's just funny to heard like a Barlow Girl song one minute and the next is "Sorry" by BuckCherry. As far as the Jonas Brothers if I remember right,and believe I could be wrong cuz I am in no way a fan, they were marketed to the christian market at first before they hit it big with Disney.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't just drive you nuts   Doesn't just drive you nuts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 7:39 am

The Jonas Brothers are Christians according to an interview they did with Christianity Today. While some matters of faith do show through, they are not what you would call a "ministry band". I would refer to them mostly as clean secular.

What is disheartening in your original post is that the line between secular and Christian is getting so blurred. When you can begin playing both on a station, while it would appear to be a good thing, is also heart breaking. Sure, I know that the stations and labels want to get artists in front of a secular audience. However, as the message has been pulled back to help market the CD, the power is lacking. I have been to more recent shows where everyone had a good time, but nothing was said about anyone's need for salvation. I can remember going to shows by Bride, Whiteheart, Disciple, etc. where the show led up to a time when they were going to share the gospel and even have an altar call time. I can remember seeing 30-40 kids (sometimes adults) going up to receive Christ for the first time. And they say that nowadays the gospel cannot reach a secular audience. It's funny....as bands lighten up the message, the power of what they have to say is diminishing.

Sadly, I think you'll see more and more Christian stations do a mixed format like this. I think it's bad business. For example, you could play the clean single from whatever band on the station. But, the listeners get the impression that the artist as a whole is okay to listen to. The rest of the CD could be vulgar and violent. Does a Christ-focused station want to promote artists who spread filth? It can happen.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't just drive you nuts   Doesn't just drive you nuts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 8:01 am

ChosenOne wrote:
Any ways I'm listening to the station the other day and here this pretty good power ballad. I'm digging it and liking it... Doesn't it just drive you nuts when you hear a song,like it, and then discover it is a band you would never listen to.
So if you like the song, why can't you listen to it? Don't know anything about the band, but it appears they are "safe" at least.

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't just drive you nuts   Doesn't just drive you nuts I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 2:37 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Sadly, I think you'll see more and more Christian stations do a mixed format like this. I think it's bad business. For example, you could play the clean single from whatever band on the station. But, the listeners get the impression that the artist as a whole is okay to listen to. The rest of the CD could be vulgar and violent. Does a Christ-focused station want to promote artists who spread filth? It can happen.

I can totally see this happening.

And for what its worth (not much) I saw that my local Family Christian Bookstore was selling one of the Jonas Brothers cds amongst the rest of the CCM and Modern Christian Rock acts.

PostSubject: Re: Doesn't just drive you nuts   Doesn't just drive you nuts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doesn't just drive you nuts
Page 1 of 1